Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

You realize most here agree with you on principle. We just can’t stand your methodology and solvency (or lack of). Junking up our forum with this crap isn’t going to affect any change. You should redirect your energy towards supporting political candidates that agree with your position. Join an interest group and help lobby our policy makers.  And if you are going to advocate personally do it in a way that will attract people to your position, not frustrate them and alienate them. By presenting yourself how you do here you are actually pushing people that might agree with you away.  You come off as a cook and that actually hurts your cause. You need to seriously reconsider your methodology here. 

Its just for show. I am surprised that you think I was serious. Look this is nobodies fault. Our collective actions have lead us to this place over the last 5,000+ years. I wish I wasn't so full of hubris. I don't have it figured out and I am not the best role model and I won't try to bring people to the fore for this reason.

No single politician candidate or individual can lead us out of this predicament nor can technology. With one possible caveat. Trump is an accelerator. Politics cannot do good but it can do harm. It really should be avoided and left out of the discourse.

I was never alive when politics was capable of doing more good than harm and it's possible that it never happened. Some people will contest that belief to their deathbed. Mostly older folks.

19 hours ago, nj2va said:

We went to Falling Water today (the Frank Lloyd Wright house)...its only a 50 minute drive from Deep Creek.  Really interesting house (with uncomfortable furniture).  The architecture was pretty amazing.  

Mr Map and I went over the summer. He had a work thing at Nemacolin so we made it an extended weekend getaway for my birthday. Did the tour and all, really great place, but was incredibly humid when we went (late June). I wouldn’t want to live in that house during the summer without central air. But still a great experience and glad we got to do it. 

and considering the mass-exploitation of people worldwide is no different than the dieng Amazon rainforest or the bleaching corals. I think opposition comes to the fore immediately it's just that people are placated by this cheap entertainment and food.

I have some fire left in me. I just need time to find the chessboard.

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

You realize most here agree with you on principle. We just can’t stand your methodology and solvency (or lack of). Junking up our forum with this crap isn’t going to affect any change. You should redirect your energy towards supporting political candidates that agree with your position. Join an interest group and help lobby our policy makers.  And if you are going to advocate personally do it in a way that will attract people to your position, not frustrate them and alienate them. By presenting yourself how you do here you are actually pushing people that might agree with you away.  You come off as a cook and that actually hurts your cause. You need to seriously reconsider your methodology here. 

I always got the impression he knew how to put together a delicious meal

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

Its just for show. I am surprised that you think I was serious. Look this is nobodies fault. Our collective actions have lead us to this place over the last 5,000+ years. I wish I wasn't so full of hubris. I don't have it figured out and I am not the best role model and I won't try to bring people to the fore for this reason.

No single politician candidate or individual can lead us out of this predicament nor can technology. With one possible caveat. Trump is an accelerator. Politics cannot do good but it can do harm. It really should be avoided and left out of the discourse.

I was never alive when politics was capable of doing more good than harm and it's possible that it never happened. Some people will contest that belief to their deathbed. Mostly older folks.

No but enough people electing enough representatives that want to try can start to move things in the right direction.  Your posts here are not going to help at all!

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That Lamar Jackson TD run was a thing of beauty. Pretty confident in saying there has never been anything quite like that from an NFL QB.

Sorry Steve Young and Mike Vick.

Cunningham had his running skills. But when Cunningham would inevitably come up against a good disciplined defense in the playoffs that could contain that part of his game he couldn’t orchestrate the offense within a system well enough to win.  A lot of that may have been the fault of crappy offensive coaching with the Eagles. If not for a choked kick he might have won a SB with the Vikings late in his career. We will find out if Lamar is better at that soon. He certainly has better coaching. I’ve loved Harbough since he was the Eagles teams coach way back.  

8 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

and considering the mass-exploitation of people worldwide is no different than the dieng Amazon rainforest or the bleaching corals. I think opposition comes to the fore immediately it's just that people are placated by this cheap entertainment and food.

I have some fire left in me. I just need time to find the chessboard.

You need to redirect your fire into more productive advocacy methods. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Cunningham had his running skills. But when Cunningham would inevitably come up against a good disciplined defense in the playoffs that could contain that part of his game he couldn’t orchestrate the offense within a system well enough to win.  A lot of that may have been the fault of crappy offensive coaching with the Eagles. If not for a choked kick he might have won a SB with the Vikings late in his career. We will find out if Lamar is better at that soon. He certainly has better coaching. I’ve loved Harbough since he was the Eagles teams coach way back.  

Yeah I didn't mean to slight Randall. He was an incredible athlete and had a great arm. Loved watching him play.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I didn't mean to slight Randall. He was an incredible athlete and had a great arm. Loved watching him play.

I didn’t take it as a slight, just saying imho they were comps in terms of running production. Slightly different styles. Cunningham had perhaps slightly more speed/agility while Jackson has a little more power to him.  But in terms of effectiveness they had/have similar results. 

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Sorry I don’t usually stop to talk to the guy on the corner screaming on a soap box...but I was bored. The games all suck right now. 

It's all good. Very difficult to to engage in intellectually honest political discourse given the striking tribalism we have now. I could expand on that, but I won't.

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

That’s what we do. Blow one game somewhere...then whine when we’re not in the playoffs with one loss as if we can’t figure out that as a “second tier” big 10 team we have to run the table to get in. 

Later on, the announcers were twisting themselves in knots explaining how Alabama can be in the playoff with two losses on the season.

To me it pretty much summed up to, "Because they're Alabama!"

25 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I didn’t take it as a slight, just saying imho they were comps in terms of running production. Slightly different styles. Cunningham had perhaps slightly more speed/agility while Jackson has a little more power to him.  But in terms of effectiveness they had/have similar results. 

Cunningham was rubberman, and smooth. Not faster lol. Mike Vick will tell you there has never been a faster NFL QB than Jackson. He is faster than most of the top tier receivers and running backs.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic