Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2019

George BM

41 minutes ago, RDM said:

It's difficult to watch just about any NBA game anymore.  The "it's all about me syndrome" is nauseating.  On half the plays the player's reaction would make you think they just made the greatest play in the history of sports.  Defense is nearly nonexistent in many games until the post-season.  The pecking order of who gets by with violating the fundamentals is atrocious - seeing LJ take 6 or 7 steps and not get called for traveling, the obvious carry on many cross-overs, the "Euro Step" - it's so sad to what the game has become compared to what it was in the 80's and early 90's.  Then there's the subculture of stats, bonuses, ball time etc constantly lurking in the dark shadows.  It's muted the fun factor of fundamental athletic competition.  It's no wonder attendance and tv ratings have plummeted.  If they really played a full game flat out and as a team on both ends of the court, it may be worth watching again.   

AGREE 100%. I haven't watched NBA (and I used to be a HUGE fan) in 10 years or so.

1 hour ago, RDM said:

It's difficult to watch just about any NBA game anymore.  The "it's all about me syndrome" is nauseating.  On half the plays the player's reaction would make you think they just made the greatest play in the history of sports.  Defense is nearly nonexistent in many games until the post-season.  The pecking order of who gets by with violating the fundamentals is atrocious - seeing LJ take 6 or 7 steps and not get called for traveling, the obvious carry on many cross-overs, the "Euro Step" - it's so sad to what the game has become compared to what it was in the 80's and early 90's.  Then there's the subculture of stats, bonuses, ball time etc constantly lurking in the dark shadows.  It's muted the fun factor of fundamental athletic competition.  It's no wonder attendance and tv ratings have plummeted.  If they really played a full game flat out and as a team on both ends of the court, it may be worth watching again.   

I agree 100%. Prefer the college game over  NBA.

Go terps!

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

PSU with the big egg laying. Ravens better not follow suit tomorrow.

Biggest trap game in modern NFL history. They just beat the unbeatable 8-0 Pats convincingly, and now face the 0-8 Bengals, with a (who the fucck is that) at QB.

If they are truly a good team, they take care of business and win easily.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Thats awesome!

Definitely recommend it!  My favorite parts were the multiple terraces where you really felt ‘one with nature’ & the corner windows (forget what Wright called them)...but basically the windows on the corner of the house open out from the corner, with no corner edge - again, reinforcing how Wright wanted the Kaufmans to be out with nature.  

11 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Biggest trap game in modern NFL history. They just beat the unbeatable 8-0 Pats convincingly, and now face the 0-8 Bengals, with a (who the fucck is that) at QB.

If they are truly a good team, they take care of business and win easily.

Bengals fan here - please don’t fall into the trap. Angling for Burrow or Tua and losses are needed...

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2019 at 11:23 PM, Maestrobjwa said:

:hurrbear: Wait, what did I do? Yeah I may have overreacted a little bit to PSU's post, but outside of that...thought I'd been doing pretty good!

I don’t mind your posts one bit. I’m just a snarky wise arse. But...and don’t take this to be mean it’s just an observation and again you don’t bother me none, but you do seem slightly obsessed with KNOWING what will happen wrt weather and snowfall specifically. Don’t get me wrong we all try our best to predict but most of us acknowledge and accept the extreme unpredictability to long range (and medium for that matter) weather and we have fun with it. You seem to get really frustrated by it. That’s not going to be healthy or make you very happy in this hobby. I hope you don’t take that to be overly critical. I don’t mean it to be. We all have our quirks and eccentricities, and god knows I do plenty of stupid illogical things, just ask my wife she will give you a list of every one!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

Releasing more of this poison into the universe and moving my rain/snow line 300 miles north.

You realize most here agree with you on principle. We just can’t stand your methodology and solvency (or lack of). Junking up our forum with this crap isn’t going to affect any change. You should redirect your energy towards supporting political candidates that agree with your position. Join an interest group and help lobby our policy makers.  And if you are going to advocate personally do it in a way that will attract people to your position, not frustrate them and alienate them. By presenting yourself how you do here you are actually pushing people that might agree with you away.  You come off as a cook and that actually hurts your cause. You need to seriously reconsider your methodology here. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That’s what we do. Blow one game somewhere...then whine when we’re not in the playoffs with one loss as if we can’t figure out that as a “second tier” big 10 team we have to run the table to get in. 

It was such a frustrating game to watch.  The turnovers, defense getting sliced and diced, and just bizarre offensive play calling.  Minnesota came out like it was the Super Bowl, PSU came out like they were playing Rutgers.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic