Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discobs 2019

George BM

4 hours ago, 09-10 analogy said:

I'd love to see a replay of that. Even though DC was on the warm side ... but from what I've read, there really wasn't a consistently "warm" side because of the low's crazy movement. Snowed in Pittsburgh while it rained in Buffalo. Right up there with 1993 as an extreme event. 

Some legit cold out there this morning.

That would be wicked. Some places in WV had close to 60 inches of snow!! The CO-ops around my area reported 13-19 inches here.

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

And for most places it would be.  Definitely not a big deal ..maybe a few sleet pellets or a flake  is about it. The usual colder spots look to hang in the upper 30s all weekend for highs so it wouldn't shock me . And I was more excited about the potential coastal effects here especially after  seeing the 18z Euro and ensembles  last evening.  A few members even phased or got captured by the midwest energy which would have made for a fun old fashioned coastal imo ...even if it was rain . But Oz backed off that idea .

Its early in the season so plenty of chances upcoming.  Lets just hope the advertised pattern in the ensembles materializes or boring cold rain will become a fixture in our lives. Happy Friday!

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep...and I totally get all that .Maybe I'm in the minority with getting enjoyment out of tracking a good old coastal anytime of year regardless of the precip type . Of course White is preferred if given the choice :) . 

No you are not.  I like that too... any weather outside partly cloudy is fun.  I would take cold rain over sunny and 60 on Thanksgiving any time.  I might be in minority on that one. 

57 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep...and I totally get all that .Maybe I'm in the minority with getting enjoyment out of tracking a good old coastal anytime of year regardless of the precip type . Of course White is preferred if given the choice :) . 

maybe we will get lucky? lol 

• Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Didn't see this posted. NAM is pretty far NW irt other guidance. Probably the typical bias at this lead time but interesting to note nonetheless. 

There are some hefty amounts spit out by the NAM as well. Not believing it, but cold rain for sure. Probably should be in the digital snow thread. 

zr_acc.us_ma.png

And the 3KM 

zr_acc.us_ma.png

26 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Another cold morning here . Low of 23 . Cape ..how the heck did it rain at your house lol. 

1 year ago today it was S+ at times with temps in the upper 20s all day . What a fantastic storm to kick off the season that was . And it was mostly powdery snow at that ..in Mid November no less . Another would be :thumbsup:. And actually dustings to a couple inch events in November...when I think back over the years has been very common here with a dozen or more.  2014 there were 3 snow events in Nov  just as an example. I mean ...Richmond hit an inch during the day the other day with mid 30 temps because of rates . Most people dont remember the "little " events .It's the significant events that are far less common (5"+) in November early Dec but that's almost true for DJFM to an extent if you think about it. 

I remember November 1995 for 3 separate events of 4" totalling 12" for the month.  That was quite the kickoff to an amazing winter.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Yes...I remember 2 of those 3 . Back then I didnt write anything down for records so I have to go off beer fogged memory ..I mean memory.  I still don't keep satisfactory records but I do much much better these days lol.

You need to switch from blunts to glass bongs. Keeps memory clearer. At least I kinda remember something like that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yes...I remember 2 of those 3 . Back then I didnt write anything down for records so I have to go off beer fogged memory ..I mean memory.  I still don't keep satisfactory records but I do much much better these days lol.

Forgot to say that was my second winter in Carroll County so I was quite impressed with it at the time.  As you say getting a significant storm in November isn't particularly  difficult in Carroll and especially along Parr's Ridge.  When I lived in Baltimore I pretty much just dreamed of  November snows with a few near misses.

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Real strong ns  vort now Monday evening on the 18z Euro...actually it helps enhance precip in far ne Md and especially east Pa. Nice warning level snow in the Poconos.  (Chase lol).Some Gefs members from 18z give good qpf central Md on ne . Showme mentioned the ns has been bouncing around with timing and intensity  and we r pretty close in. Cold enough Monday evening for frozen n+w if there is qpf 

Yeah the 3k NAM and Euro have a thump of snow for NE PA. Pocono chase?

• Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic