Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discobs 2019

George BM

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Had my first dusting of the year today. Off and on snow showers/flurries for most of the day. And coming down pretty well right now.

Light snow  27 degrees.

That's pretty close to cold powder in November. Impressive.

• Like 1

Deserve some flak for saying this but the 12k NAM is moderately interesting for Friday for parts of VA and has been trending that way in general.

Right now it’s rain and 33 for a chunk of Central/Eastern VA and it’s been trending colder and more interesting precip wise, so I wouldn’t totally count it out.

Either way, I think it will be interesting to see if the idea of a coastal comes back to the globals in any serious way. Good seasonal trend if it does, perhaps.

y6fhLLR.gif

12 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

My son saw a few flakes in Columbia around 5pm and I think I saw a few on the way home.

I was out for a run around the same time and could see the snow coming from the clouds to my west. I ended up seeing like 10 of the smallest flakes you could ever see, but it counts!

Then I had to drive my daughter to something in Columbia and a little after 6, we got under that real thin band/squall right around 175 and Snowden. It snowed pretty good until I had to turn in a different direction, lol. Stopped almost immediately. Band was incredibly thin, but there were some dark greens and yellows on radar. Anyway, my daughter and I were both really excited so it made our night. 

Broke 'cool max' and low records for the date.  33.6 degrees for a high, old mark was 38 degrees from 1996.  11.7 for the low, also beating 1996's 18 degrees. Currently 11.8/7.9...chilly! :)

Flurries off and on thru the day and early evening but never rates close to enough to stick/accumulate.

EDIT- I see a few single digits showing up on local thermometers in the area!!

21 for the low here.  It is back up to 26 already.  We had a heavy dusting of snow.  It has melted except for raised surfaces.  I forgot and left my CoCoRaHS gage out over night.  It is frozen and frozen into the bracket.  It has .46 of ice in it.  Will try to recover it around noon and get the true reading.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic