• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discobs 2019

George BM

Nothing on the snow front here, but it is cold. STILL haven't crossed the freezing mark as of 12:30, but close. 31.4/22.8 and a NW breeze at 6 mph. Water in the bird thing is still frozen in full sun. Forecast is for 41, it is gonna have to hurry to get there and my record 'cool max' for the date is 38 degrees from 1991, may break that. The record low is 18 from 1993, forecast is for 21, so that may hold.

Just now, nj2va said:

Hit flurries/light snow showers on 270 this morning heading to Deep Creek then a few other patches off/on along 70.  

It's been snowing on/off here in Deep Creek with about 0.5" on the ground (estimating).  Got a fire going....24 degrees with light snow falling.  Life is good.

My sis and her husband are headed to Deep Creek for the weekend for her birthday. She is looking forward to the cold and some snow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I need to head up to Deep Creek at some point. I’m always jealous seeing you talk about it.

Definitely try and time an upslope event. It's a different world worth the 2.5hr drive and then some. Upslope isn't as good as a synoptic event in our yards locally but it's pretty awesome having convective snow squalls off and on for days. Last time I timed a trip up there it snowed 2-4" of high ratio every day for 4 straight days. The crunchy dry packed snow on the roads reminds me quite a bit of my years in CO. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic