Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-Atlantic winter 2019-20 snowfall contest

PrinceFrederickWx

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Richmond is going to sink me...I was banking on another southern forum dividing bomb. 

I can fix your RIC number, but it's gonna cost ya... bring your suitcase full of cash. I'll let you know the drop-off spot. B)

No fixes for @showmethesnow though- he never pays up.

I'm thinking the contest halftime report this year is... not going to be very complex, let's put it that way. :lol:

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

@PrinceFrederickWx: Mrs Showme, Mrs Showme? Excuse me but I have been trying to get in touch with Coach Snowme. He hasn't been available to receive me for quite awhile now and I would like to discuss what his plans are in regards to turning things around.

Mrs Showme: Well Prince, he has been very busy in that regards and I can assure you he is working diligently and leaving no stone unturned.

Showme:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I will post this video in lieu of a Halftime Report, as it provides a better recap of the season so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcI_l_biVOg

Reminder: "analysis" comes from the word "anal" plus "-ysis", which is Latin for "to pull things from": 

Dude, that is just so wrong. You know I can't unsee that. Right? :stun:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 7:47 AM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Update:

BWI: 1.8"

DCA: 0.6"

IAD: 2.9"

RIC: 1.5"

update.JPG

Barring a Palm Sunday 1942 type of event -- https://instaweatherinsights.wordpress.com/2007/03/28/palm-sunday-snowstorm-of-1942 -- it appears that only Dr. Dews was conservative enough (for Richmond) to nail the snow total at any of the four locations. Even our 99% certain winner, Prestige Worldwide, went too high at each location.  

22 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I’m probably shutting this down at the end of the month. Prestige has pretty much locked it up, even if we get an accumulating event.

This will be my 3rd consecutive top ten finish at least (and I get higher up in the leaderboard every year). :lol:

Congratulations to you and the rest of the Top Five, as there was a big gap between the Top Five and the rest of the field. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
I think we’re safe to call it. @Prestige Worldwide is the winner- congratulations! Attached is your snow trophy- you led all season and toppled the Olaf/Stormpc dynasty!

I’ve decided (for multiple reasons) to take a long hiatus from this forum, so I won’t be doing the summer temperature contest. If anyone else is interested, feel free (maybe @RodneyS or @Roger Smith would like to run it).

I will be back in early November with the next snowfall contest. I encourage you all to tell new people to sign up or get your AmWx friends from outside this subforum to join in- we had a record turnout this year, and the more players we have, the more fun and competitive it is!

May next winter bring an end to COVID-19, a booming economy and triple-digit snow totals at all four airportsB)

Trophy 2019-20.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You’re absolutely right. I should have went with my original prediction. Negative snow across the board. 

If anyone had gone with zeroes across the board, they would finished second, with a 6.8 inch departure, compared to Prestige's 3.6. :)  Congratulations to him for leading wire-to-wire. I'm afraid that I am not available to run any contests, but look forward to participating in this contest again next season.