• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Low Topped Convective Potential Thursday, October 31, 2019 - Friday, November 1, 2019

weatherwiz

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

This is nuts.  

Worst flooding since Irene, in fact might be worse in Stowe than Irene.  

Saw video from my wife’s coworker of RT 108 washed out at Topnotch.  You can’t get to the mountain from town.  

There is major flooding going on per BTV.  

DE3E79A4-3EEF-4674-93D1-35C4E941055F.jpeg.cc341fb5d14555e921aa3884db2952c5.jpeg

Ice Cream man?

fs+(4).jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Never live on a river floodplain. 

Agreed.  The flooding event is coming sometime.  Whether it’s a 50 year or 100 year event, it’s coming for your house at some point.  

Everyone on a hill saw washed out roads, like this in Stowe:23FE924C-34EC-44CD-8ECC-4E9C9640553C.thumb.jpeg.4d112adc5b87c535a0cc5c205d914e3e.jpeg

But that’s not putting feet of water into your house.  

I’m with you, no thanks to this stuff. 

Richmond, VT.

BF1F540C-079F-4091-84BF-CCFE1C84DBDA.thumb.jpeg.ed3b2c6655f4376feefd8ac8b744516f.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yeah man, this is a high end event.  3 main waterways up here have now exceeded Irene levels.  

I truly think that despite rainfall being 1-2” less than Irene (3-5” vs 4-6”), It came in a shorter period of time...and in August when Irene hit everything was green and growing.  Some moisture had to be sucked up by vegetation, or into the root systems. This was 100% runoff with dormant vegetation.

My FB feed is full of people trying to get out of certain towns.... sounds like a handful of towns are cut off from civilization just north of Stowe.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah man, this is a high end event.  3 main waterways up here have now exceeded Irene levels.  

I truly think that despite rainfall being 1-2” less than Irene (3-5” vs 4-6”), It came in a shorter period of time...and in August when Irene hit everything was green and growing.  Some moisture had to be sucked up by vegetation, or into the root systems. This was 100% runoff with dormant vegetation.

My FB feed is full of people trying to get out of certain towns.... sounds like a handful of towns are cut off from civilization just north of Stowe.

Damn. Thats brutal,  plus its been a very wet month. Incoming cold is gonna suck too for peeps. At least in Irene it was sunny and warm to dry out.

• Like 1