• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowGiant611
    Newest Member
    SnowGiant611

November 2019 discussion

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well given how early in the season it is, it may get hostile enough so that we don’t have a snowy look. But to me, it’s not a torch at all.

The new weeklies have a positive nao anyway but it looks "serviceable"

Flipped about an hour ago,  SN, 29F, Starting to accumulate on all grassy surfaces and some asphalt.

image.png.05e34f79b446648c4688c958d232441a.png

• Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

Flipped about an hour ago,  SN, 29F, Starting to accumulate on all grassy surfaces and some asphalt.

wow youre surface temp really dropped fast.  you are supposed to warm aloft overnight, right?  then back to snow.  expectinig 2-3?

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

wow youre surface temp really dropped fast.  you are supposed to warm aloft overnight, right?  then back to snow.  expectinig 2-3?

Yes, We will warm aloft but the surface temps are not going anywheres, Going to get rather icy before we flip back on the end, I'm thinking 2".

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You

I'll give it a few more days. Just curious if anyone besides Isotherm cancelled yet

25F with steady light snow of 1-1.5sm visibility.  

A half inch on everything in town, started sticking to pavement and all surfaces right away.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Let’s see the obligatory parking lot pic.

Just no pics of the heated sidewalks. They make me angry. Angrier than pickles posting about a random 35F rainstorm in winter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Just no pics of the heated sidewalks. They make me angry. Angrier than pickles posting about a random 35F rainstorm in winter. 

It goes against anything a snow lover wants.  Like someone paid a shit ton of money to make sure it NEVER snows there.  You could get 3 feet out of the sky and nope, wet cobblestones.

42 minutes ago, alex said:

2” fresh on the board (includes a couple of tenths from overnight)

Looks like it's ripping on your cam and won't stop until the system passes and your upslope stops.

What's your pack? Looks like deep winter there.

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I cant believe places actually do that. I had never seen that before. I bet they lose quite a bit of tourism money from that because a lot of people feel the same way you and I do about it 

• Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, alex said:

Yes I did it. Started getting out Xmas decorations lol

9518EE8E-762F-4C44-B741-60D525A61DA0.jpeg

I hope you can find them after christmas...............:(

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Snowstorms in general that only stick to grassy surfaces and picknick tables make me angry. When i see all the wet roads and side walks in NYC but a park bench has 6" of paste, that infuriates me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It goes against anything a snow lover wants.  Like someone paid a shit ton of money to make sure it NEVER snows there.  You could get 3 feet out of the sky and nope, wet cobblestones.

What happens in one of those subzero snow events? Is there a threshold where it starts to glaciate?