• Member Statistics

    15,626
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    hpolivereditor
    Newest Member
    hpolivereditor
    Joined
weathafella

November 2019 discussion

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no snow, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Especially here in Connecticut Death Valley, where precipitation comes to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

The top warmest Novembers at ORH is not a pretty list of years:

2011

2006

1975

2015

2009

2001

1999

1948

1979

 

There isn't a single blockbuster winter in those. '75-'76 and '09-'10 were okay...48-'49 not horrific....the rest were absolutely horrendous.

Do you have a comparable for the 10 coldest Novembers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Do you have a comparable for the 10 coldest Novembers?

1967

1976

1901

1933

1972

1917

1995

1904

1996

2018

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weathafella said:

He didn’t get a snowstorm in the first half of November so all is lost...

Well it would have been nice to get something out of a record cold pattern if December may crap the bed. 

Doesn't look like a torch though FWIW. Pretty good signal of some NAO blocking lingering on GEFS/EPS with a favorable MJO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Well it would have been nice to get something out of a record cold pattern if December may crap the bed. 

Doesn't look like a torch though FWIW. Pretty good signal of some NAO blocking lingering on GEFS/EPS.

I have as Much faith in December blocking as I do Mitch Trubisky turning his season around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I have as Much faith in December blocking as I do Mitch Trubisky turning his season around

Agree. It's voodoo until I see the whites of its eyes. I care more about the Pacific as should everyone else. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

1967

1976

1901

1933

1972

1917

1995

1904

1996

2018

 

 

1933, I love that one.  February of 34 had a rare storm that was a sloppy mess for eastern New England, and an all-time blizzard for western New England.  This place would be nuts if that repeated itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

1933, I love that one.  February of 34 had a rare storm that was a sloppy mess for eastern New England, and an all-time blizzard for western New England.  This place would be nuts if that repeated itself.

1888. I'd probably retire from this board.

  • Weenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

1933, I love that one.  February of 34 had a rare storm that was a sloppy mess for eastern New England, and an all-time blizzard for western New England.  This place would be nuts if that repeated itself.

Yes please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normal max today fore the following locations:

 

BTV:  45

AUG: 44

CON: 47

PWM: 47

BOS: 51

BDL: 51

ORH: 47

PVD: 52

 

 

Stop being idiots 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Normal max today fore the following locations:

 

BTV:  45

AUG: 44

CON: 47

PWM: 47

BOS: 51

BDL: 51

ORH: 47

PVD: 52

 

 

Stop being idiots 

But we are losing a winter month because it's dark out.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

1933, I love that one.  February of 34 had a rare storm that was a sloppy mess for eastern New England, and an all-time blizzard for western New England.  This place would be nuts if that repeated itself.

That was obviously a ridiculous month....that storm actually still did pretty well in E MA...it changed to snow after some slop and gave them 12-16 inches. Though SW CT got 20"...they def jackpotted.

But Scooter is right that 1888 is the one you really want....he would jump off the top of the Boston Gas tank into the frozen water.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

That was obviously a ridiculous month....that storm actually still did pretty well in E MA...it changed to snow after some slop and gave them 12-16 inches. Though SW CT got 20"...they def jackpotted.

But Scooter is right that 1888 is the one you really want....he would jump off the top of the Boston Gas tank into the frozen water.

I would cut through that tank with a flame thrower. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Dude. You are not getting an inch. 

Might be close. Guess it depends on rates and if we flip quick enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ineedsnow said:

Might be close. Guess it depends on rates and if we flip quick enough 

It's so mild above us and those things use some sort of 850 temp rule and even 850 is barely cool enough. If you got more than a slushy coating I'd be real surprised.I could see a brief flip in the heaviest echoes I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MJOatleast7 said:

Boston itself didn't cash in like W NE...only about 9" of slop

Yeah that would be an epic E MA meltdown if 1888 happened again....ORH had 36 inches...pretty tight gradient over E MA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Be honest, you’d take the L joyfully and be very happy for us west folks. 

As long as it's WeHa on west. TOL would need to be rain.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was growing up-especially the early years there were still 1888 survivors with some epic stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.