Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol yea probably true for all of us. Hard to believe its only Nov 20th and we have people whining about snowstorms. Still 3 weeks away from climo down here. Patience grasshoppers. All signs growing for a long hard winter. We know Scoots loves long and hard.

No complaints, so far. Significant snow always a long shot around here in Novie, even in a great pattern.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Def liking the pattern into December. Even as the NAO tries to wane near end of run, the PAC is getting really favorable.  

I have to laugh a little when Scooter starts to panic inside when he looks at day 15 Ensembles. The pig, the wane. He cracks me up every morning.  

I'm also leery of any PV disruptions providing some temporary deconstructive interference to attempts at sustained blocking. Bottom line to expect variability early on...better bet for sustainability is later on.

So far, it does seem like any SSW may be more conducive than last season's.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We don't need an epic snow Nov, But we will take one in Dec, Looks fine going forward.

Better blow the mice out of that snow mobile. Probably already good and getting better every week. Water barriers froze solid from the pics I saw. I hope people understand how much of an economic boost to NNE a solid early winter is. Great news

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Better blow the mice out of that snow mobile. Probably already good and getting better every week. Water barriers froze solid from the pics I saw. I hope people understand how much of an economic boost to NNE a solid early winter is. Great news

There ready to go, Can't ride until Dec 15 when trails officially open, But i don't ride until January, You need a good base as to not be hitting stumps/rocks early on, Plus gives all bodies of water time to get ice thicknesses where they need to be.

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The trails don't open until Dec. 15.  

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

That run only went to hr 90, SLP was still down by CC, Its going to be a close call for us down this way though, I could see more of a mix right now after a few inches.

Looks like a ski area special right now....could be a nice base builder for them. Hopefully this tracks a little further south for the interior peeps in CNE or SNE....but the models the last 2 runs have been pretty consistent actually. They seem to be honing in over a Cape type track....but if this does scoot a little east then it brings a lot more of the interior in play for a dynamic flip.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like a ski area special right now....could be a nice base builder for them. Hopefully this tracks a little further south for the interior peeps in CNE or SNE....but the models the last 2 runs have been pretty consistent actually. They seem to be honing in over a Cape type track....but if this does scoot a little east then it brings a lot more of the interior in play for a dynamic flip.

Yeah, A few tics SE at this point would work, Would prefer if it was an ACK track, A few inches would be good though, Don't need to be hiking thru a foot of snow in the woods while its still hunting season, That being said, The 12z NAM looks flat but its the Nam, Euro was close down here at 0z riding the fence, Foothills, Greens, Whites and Mahoosucs as well as Northern Maine look to do well in any case.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

6Z Euro was very dynamically cooled in the deformation axis. I think this might get interesting from MPMs old home to Hunchie and even Kevin