Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Wx2fish mentioned Umbagog lake up in nrn NH ice in. That’s nuts. 

It has been obscene cold relative to normal.

Today was our 15th day in a row of below normal temperatures and the monthly departure sits at -9.1.

I mean this is Oxen-Of-Yore type stuff relative to normal. 

It felt straight warm when the 24 hour was 34/30 with no diurnal change... that that's below normal with -9F below the average maximum temp!

50 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Just goes to show how impressive this cold stretch of below normal has been.

Our highest temperature in the past 13 days has been 41F....the only day in the 40s.  Four days have seen single digits.

If that's how it is at 700ft.... easy to imagine 1,500+ feet in NE VT/NNH/WME seeing full ice over, if they've been below freezing for so long and also seeing lows below zero a couple times.  Hell most water around here is frozen solid but that's much smaller yard ponds and wetlands.

Crazy to think about... 2 weeks in November when average highs are in the 45-48F range, we have only hit 40F or higher once during that time...and I don't even think it was on an hourly report, it was a between hour high temp lol.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Our highest temperature in the past 13 days has been 41F....the only day in the 40s.  Four days have seen single digits.

If that's how it is at 700ft.... easy to imagine 1,500+ feet in NE VT/NNH/WME seeing full ice over, if they've been below freezing for so long and also seeing lows below zero a couple times.  Hell most water around here is frozen solid but that's much smaller yard ponds and wetlands.

Crazy to think about... 2 weeks in November when average highs are in the 45-48F range, we have only hit 40F or higher once during that time...and I don't even think it was on an hourly report, it was a between hour high temp lol.

I was below 40 from early Friday evening until nearly noon on Tuesday....unheard of for SNE in mid Novie.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

14 days here of negative departures with a -23 in there, Its been cold.

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The snow pack definitely helped.  Not as crazy here, but more like November of prohibition days. 

34 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Funny how we were just having discussions about prime conditions for black ice and bang, here we go.

All hell broke loose. 93N closed minutes after I passed the rt 128 interchange. The problem is that people flying in left and right lanes where moisture is. I stayed more in the middle lanes where it was dried out. Me ftw.