Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

33 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Ha, I doubt it. Heat does not kill more than winter. Accidents and fatalities in vehicles directly related to winter driving alone would probably surpass all heat-related deaths.

Believe what you want but the statistics don't back it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_wave#Mortality

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/07/26/europes-killer-heat-waves-are-new-norm-death-rates-shouldnt-be/

16 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Eh, over 1,300 traffic deaths a year directly related to winter conditions. Not including the myriad of other ways. 

While..The average annual number of fatalities directly attributed to heat in the United States is about 400

anyway the whole topic is idiotic, since I dont care for life-threatening heat that much. Not sure who trolled that angle. And what Europe has to do with it? No idea

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Eh, over 1,300 traffic deaths a year directly related to winter conditions. Not including the myriad of other ways. 

While..The average annual number of fatalities directly attributed to heat in the United States is about 400

anyway the whole topic is idiotic, since I dont care for life-threatening heat that much anyway. Not sure who trolled that angle.

Written  by King Troll....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

anyway the whole topic is jdiotic, since I dont care for life-threatening heat that much anyway.

Yes it is an idiotic topic..but you started the BS with the 78 killed a lot of people comment, and that’s why you wouldn’t want a 78 redux. 

You’re a Spoon.  You stir up trouble/Troll constantly.  Then when folks call you out, you say why the hostility..or in this case the topic is idiotic, which you started/instigated To begin with.  

You’re an annoying addition here...if you want to be a part of this community, then stop with the 300-384 hr OP images that don’t mean jack sh*t....and you know they don’t.  But you use crap like that to Troll to no end.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Hazey said:

This whole storms taking good track but lack of cold air is going to to start getting old if things don't improve. I know it's still early but these systems tracking over or just south of the BM don't happen everyday. Heck last year couldn't even buy more than a couple of those tracks

Well to be fair...it is November 20th, and most years don’t have air cold enough around for the systems to produce snow at this time of year.  So it’s not just an excuse, it’s a cold hard fact..lol no pun intended with the “cold” part.

8 minutes ago, Hazey said:

This whole storms taking good track but lack of cold air is going to to start getting old if things don't improve. I know it's still early but these systems tracking over or just south of the BM don't happen everyday. Heck last year couldn't even buy more than a couple of those tracks

That's why I think January may surprise us this year. Even with a so-so Pacific, a little Atlantic blocking and favorable climo could really produce. 

Also a Nina-ish December with some blocking could be decent too.

Occasionally we get seasons where the entire country can score versus the typical east warm, west cold or vice-versa.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes it is an idiotic topic..but you started the BS with the 78 killed a lot of people comment, and that’s why you wouldn’t want a 78 redux. 

You’re a Spoon.  You stir up trouble/Troll constantly.  Then when folks call you out, you say why the hostility..or in this case the topic is idiotic, which you started/instigated To begin with.  

You’re an annoying addition here...if you want to be a part of this community, then stop with the 300-384 hr OP images that don’t mean jack sh*t....and you know they don’t.  But you use crap like that to Troll to no end.   

I don't care for life threatening heat. Especially days on end. Someone made that up. I don't have any use for a '78 redux either. Also, I've been around here a long time and wx forums since the 1990's and still I've got nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I doubt he got 12, probably 7-10.  Had to be pretty close to the shore to get 12 in CT from that one.  I got 3 near the Mass line I believe.  

There was a very sharp cut off in CT but you didnt have to be that close to the shore to get 12+. I got 14.4 and im about 15 mi from the shore, 15mi northwest of me in Watertown only got 4.988541406_Snowstorm2016TOTALS.thumb.jpg.952ce32b52fc4c96b3574c171dd888a8.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I don't care for life threatening heat. Especially days on end. Someone made that up. Also, I've been around here and wx forums since the 1990's and still I've got nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

No you don’t have anything to prove at all.  And if you’ve been around weather forums, then you know, nobody likes a Troll. So Just stop being a PIA Troll....and you’ll be fine.  See how easy that is. 

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That was a very good storm for me here.  No issues with that one at all.  It all came very quickly...rates were very intense.  But the majority of it was over in about 8 hours. 

That storm was a bust for most of the state. Calls of 16-24, 15-25, 12-18 from the 3 local news stations, nws going 18-24. For some it verfied on the low end of those numbers, for others it was a complete bust. Here we only got 9.9 with a few hours of snow mixed with and changed to sleet at around 10am then it was done.03_12.17_snow_totals.thumb.jpg.d127250ae199a7191c22d413a215f8db.jpg

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

That storm was a bust for most of the state. Calls of 16-24, 15-25, 12-18 from the 3 local news stations, nws going 18-24. For some it verfied on the low end of those numbers, for others it was a complete bust. Here we only got 9.9 with a few hours of snow mixed with and changed to sleet at around 10am then it was done.03_12.17_snow_totals.thumb.jpg.d127250ae199a7191c22d413a215f8db.jpg

It was fine here a little further north. Had mostly all snow here..a little sleet, but then turned back to snow for a while at the end. 15-16 inches here.  That’s a good storm imo.  Maybe not what the forecasts were...but good nonetheless for me.  

But just south of here it dropped off big time..So I get the irritation. Had I only got 9 inches..I’d feel the same way.  But I got close to double that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

There was a very sharp cut off in CT but you didnt have to be that close to the shore to get 12+. I got 14.4 and im about 15 mi from the shore, 15mi northwest of me in Watertown only got 

Thanks for the reminder with that map. Definitely some banding features and a somewhat more diagnol distribution. 

• Like 1