Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Will got all Weenie'ish about this event and weenies followed. 

I don't think anyone got weenie-ish....the hills near 1K still look like they could get a small accumulation. CAA will start to begin soon as well. It only take a narrow band for some to get surprised.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't think anyone got weenie-ish....the hills near 1K still look like they could get a small accumulation. CAA will start to begin soon as well. It only take a narrow band for some to get surprised.

I will get weenie'ish and drive to the next town west to a hill near 800' if anything pops in Hollis NH  (Hollis Nh by the way is a very nice area) 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

BDR had 33 in 13 please you cant bitch when you own the state 24 hr record 

They officially recorded 30. Fairfield west of them had 35 and Stratford east of them had 40 as did Trumbull north of them with 35. They even under reported on that monster!

I do not live in Bridgeport but they represent SW CT for some f d up reason.

Have a happy Winter!

9 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

They officially recorded 30. Fairfield west of them had 35 and Stratford east of them had 40 as did Trumbull north of them with 35. They even under reported on that monster!

Have a happy Winter!

Maybe they represent the immediate coast but DXR is more representative for areas above the Merritt.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Have a happy Winter!

Maybe the officials don't trust some of the super high amounts. Maybe some of them looked suspect and they have better observers in the towns that don't wipe the board off so much and actually let it settle. I actually know a few of them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Have a happy Winter!

Wow...good info!  I guess you told him lol.  

Just now, Greg said:

Nah, I'll take a super blizzard of '78 in Eastern, MA any day.

Different storms dropped different amounts in different locales.  For you 78 was insane.  1888 and 2013 were beasts over in the west.   

78 was awesome for me here too..Tons of wind with blizzard conditions that lasted longer than any other storm I have ever experienced...historically memorable for sure.  Drifts were Absolutely insane.  But 2013 had more snow for us though.  

But honestly...either one is fine for me too. lol. 

28 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Have a happy Winter!

I just go by the official 24 hr records. Have a great winter yourself 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Been down that road before. John does all of that stuff. We’ve been on him before about that. I think when he finds the time he thinks he can sneak the update in without any major downtime and sometimes something goes awry. How long was it even down for? When I checked in between 530-6 the forum was up. 

Ya it was down all night from like 10:00 pm until When Money Pit posted like Ginxy said.  

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

78 was amazing with how far west the precipitatio shield was. Delaware getting over a foot as well as Philly. 

I would give anything to see a radar loop of that storm.

For me 78 was the benchmark Blizzard.  2013 definitely delivered us even more snow..and equaled it in my mind somewhat due to the immense amounts; but 78 still had more wind for a longer time...and bigger drifts.  I’ve never seen drifts as big as 78.

But those two storms are the greats for my area.  There have been other great ones for sure..but those two are the upper tier elites for here anyway. 

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Local met said this morning that statistically, cold Novembers result in colder and snowier winters 77% and 72% respectively for PWM. CAR and BGR were similar. Time will tell, but I like those odds.

Farmington's 20 snowiest winters followed AN Octobers 70% of the time, AN Novembers just 40%.  Their 20 least snowy winters came with October temps 50/50 but November AN 65% of the years.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

No one wants a 1978 repeat. A drift-free, gentle PD-2 would be fine though.

Bro, you are so in the minority on everything Regarding winter weather and winter storms here.  Most all of SNE would want a 78 repeat!  Most all would want a 2013 repeat.  Nothing wrong with PD 2, but 78 and 2013 were so much more eventful than PD 2.