Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

22 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

So, this is the most dead morning in a November discussion thread in the history of the board.

16 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

No kidding, I though the forums were down.

31F with some type of snizzle----drizzle/snow grains

I think there was a problem with the forum.  When I logged on, I saw there hadn't been any posts overnight and was going to comment on that but the site wouldn't let me.

so instead of waiting for the IVT to pop up like one of those games at Dave and Busters where you hold a fake hammer and wait for some head to pop up out of one of nine holes

Is there anything on the SPC MesoScale Analysis page under winter weather that gives us an idea where this may pop

I see one drop down map called Dentric Growth Layer RH, another called Dentric Growth Layer Depth and also an overlay of both of them. 

Would these areas highlighted show where the IVT may go to town more. (thou it looks like rain to me lol)

dendrh.gif

On 11/18/2019 at 1:36 PM, ORH_wxman said:

Thats true, BDR got like 18 inches choking on exhaust while HVN got 45" and Westchester got 3-4

On 11/18/2019 at 1:39 PM, WinterWolf said:

Wasn't New Britain like 50” plus in 1888...?  I think it totally crushed that area from New Haven up through here and through New Britain with the worst.  

Geez. Even in 1888 Bridgeport has to post the lowest snow total. Some things never change.

I would be fine with 20 though.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Local met said this morning that statistically, cold Novembers result in colder and snowier winters 77% and 72% respectively for PWM. CAR and BGR were similar. Time will tell, but I like those odds.

Ryan B is a good dude. If you were named Ryan in the 80s odds are you became a Met

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

How about putting a banner up next time vs everyone thinking Amex was finally fubr’d?

I had no idea it was being done. Usually he tries to do these minor updates overnight when traffic is low. We were on IPB 4.4.7 I believe and admins had been getting the reminder to update to 4.4.8. When I logged into ACO this morning I saw the alert was gone and we were up to date. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Ever think about posting a notice before, I mean some common courtesy goes a long way

Been down that road before. John does all of that stuff. We’ve been on him before about that. I think when he finds the time he thinks he can sneak the update in without any major downtime and sometimes something goes awry. How long was it even down for? When I checked in between 530-6 the forum was up. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Been down that road before. John does all of that stuff. We’ve been on him before about that. I think when he finds the time he thinks he can sneak the update in without any major downtime and sometimes something goes awry. How long was it even down for? When I checked in between 530-6 the forum was up. 

It wasnt up to post until you see MPMs post,was read only

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

It's a mostly free site which we whine about weather on....not really critical to let people know its down or have an IT manager for.....it's not the DoD.....

Eh. People donate. A little heads up would be nice. It was a minor update though. We’ve had major updates with no forewarned alerts either. lol