Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not sure why anyone would point at specific locales for addiction when the truth is, it’s everywhere. My brother, with a great upbringing from old school hardworking Polaks, turned into one. It happens from ANY socioeconomic background. 

Exactly my point. I just didn't like the tonality of $hitting on my home after a simple comment about snow. Place obviously has its issues, but I never went there. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It doesn’t, see post above. I’m just empathetic to new dads cuz first 8 months are rough, so I kid.

No worries. 

@dendrite, whatever it was in the past, I apologize. I have certainly done alot of questionable things when drinking. If you ever want to address it, feel free to PM me.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Exactly my point. I just didn't like the tonality of $hitting on my home after a simple comment about snow. Place obviously has its issues, but I never went there. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

One last comment on this. I have no idea what the reputation and socioeconomic background of Methuen is. My Franklin comments had nothing to do with Methuen. I'm sorry if you made that connection. I wouldn't want to live anywhere in MA...it's not an exclusive Methuen thing. ;)

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There are upper class neighborhoods that have the same issues as lower and middle class, they just hide it the best. Point is, we are all facing the same problems...to an extent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No worries. 

@dendrite, whatever it was in the past, I apologize. I have certainly done alot of questionable things when drinking. If you ever want to address it, feel free to PM me.

Let's just drop it bud. We make mistakes, live, learn, and become better people. I don't want to go down this road. I really just want to read more NPO posts.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

See my Dec 1970 reply to Scott. Having lower heights than normal across the entire N US has produced some good Dec snow storms.. That neg PNA coupled with a neg nao works. We always need help.

Nice to have a pattern where lows roll across the country unaffected by perfectly timed shortwaves while avoiding scooter shit streaks. Models generally are more stable at d4/5 with that look, imo.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro has a nice little axis of 0.10-0.20" cutting up through here from E MA to PF from the IVT. Maybe we can pull off an inch or so tomorrow. Most models have the low level convergence zone in the same general axis, but we know how much of a crapshoot these things are.

I’d be more interested in snow tomorrow if I were most as opposed to this weekend.... someone could cover the grass tomorrow for sure if it pans out 

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Speaking of which, any idea why CPC never has a valid NPO value for December? Its always 9999....

I wish they plotted it too (hate leaving one month out), but...

Time series showing monthly standardized amplitudes of selected Northern Hemisphere teleconnection patterns were constructed from the Rotated Principal Component Analysis as follows: For each month in the data record, the observed amplitudes of the ten teleconnection patterns corresponding to that calendar month are calculated using a Least-Squares regression analysis. In this analysis, the amplitudes are determined simultaneously such that the combined sum of their products with the corresponding pattern eigenvectors explains the maximum spatial structure of the observed height anomaly field during the month. For each pattern, the amplitudes were then assembled into a continuous time series, and standardized (mean equal to zero and variance equal to 1.0) for each calendar month independently. No value is plotted for months in which the pattern does not appear as a leading mode.

December is not a leading mode of variability for the NPO so they just omit it with -99.90.

https://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wd52dg/data/indices/tele_index.nh

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’d be more interested in snow tomorrow if I were most as opposed to this weekend.... someone could cover the grass tomorrow for sure if it pans out 

And to think back a year ago, tomorrow  would have been our second storm for November, I plowed just over 4" of cement.......