Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

2 hours ago, ma blizzard said:

I'm not sure about this .. the only legit events you could make a case for something like this happening are 1888 and 1978. Def a reason for a return rate nearing 100 years / event .. 

Off hand I really would like to toss those weenie 48"+ #s .. but the areal extent of the 30"-40"+ zone is crazy. Maybe everyone was measuring drifts? idk  

78 had some 48” totals in my hood.  I will go to my grave with that 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Weenies gonna ween. Some of y’all have crazy expectations.

Well...you’re kind of ween’n too...saying how boring it is upcoming.  And it looks to be so. But that’s kind of weeny’ing too.

If we could get some action come December..that’d be nice imo.  I’m fine with no snow in November to be honest.  

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well...you’re kind of ween’n too...saying how boring it is upcoming.  And it looks to be so. But that’s kind of weenny’ing too.

If we could get some action come December..that’d be nice imo.  I’m fine with no snow in November to be honest.  

Huh? I’m being realistic. That’s how it looks. But some of you expect 12” of snow with this cold. It doesn’t work that way. And now we relax a bit as far as come goes. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Huh? I’m being realistic. That’s how it looks. But some of you expect 12” of snow with this cold. It doesn’t work that way. And now we relax a bit as far as come goes. 

Oh I wasn’t expecting 12”.  Most to be honest weren’t.

The Dr, and the usual suspects we’re trying to stir the pot saying it’s been a horrible November. But most of us have been fine with what we’ve gotten from a November so far.  Those of us who have half a brain, know that November is an Autumn month in SNE, not a Winter month.    

19 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well...you’re kind of ween’n too...saying how boring it is upcoming.  And it looks to be so. But that’s kind of weeny’ing too.

He is the biggest weenie here, just look at his post count. He expects 970 bombs every week. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

we've never seen the pattern change in january

4 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Which is why those Storms and 78’ are much bigger than what we have seen recently,w exception of parts of CT under death band 6 years ago 

now 1888 could have been 65” in New Britain if Joe weenie was clearing every 6 hours. Because some love comparing sizes of storms , I believe this very important to keep in mind going forward.

Someone will put a 50-55” measurement w legal 6 hour clearings in next decade between E NY and SNE and it will be equivalent to a 40 burger from days of measuring when you decided the storm was over .

gimme a capture , stall and a loop between block island and MVY please 

Most of the '78 storm was as you already know, was not measured every 6 hours. Most of it was actually measured it every 24 hours or until the storm was complete. 

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

November is the worst month. Brutal day chilly windy damp spitting rain. No leaves, no sun, no snow,  November 

We could be in Alaska, I was just reading how the sun will set on Barrows tomorrow....and then rise again in two months, lol.  

I agree, November is rough.  Even in Feb and March when you don’t get snow it’s at least light out till 6-7pm.  The lack of daylight drives me nuts.