Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Question is, did the weenies clear every 6 hours?

Which is why those Storms and 78’ are much bigger than what we have seen recently,w exception of parts of CT under death band 6 years ago 

now 1888 could have been 65” in New Britain if Joe weenie was clearing every 6 hours. Because some love comparing sizes of storms , I believe this very important to keep in mind going forward.

Someone will put a 50-55” measurement w legal 6 hour clearings in next decade between E NY and SNE and it will be equivalent to a 40 burger from days of measuring when you decided the storm was over .

gimme a capture , stall and a loop between block island and MVY please 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Which is why those Storms and 78’ are much bigger than what we have seen recently,w exception of parts of CT under death band 6 years ago 

now 1888 could have been 65” in New Britain if Joe weenie was clearing every 6 hours. Because some love comparing sizes of storms , I believe this very important to keep in mind going forward.

Someone will put a 50-55” measurement w legal 6 hour clearings in next decade between E NY and SNE and it will be equivalent to a 40 burger from days of measuring when you decided the storm was over .

There were yore weenies too. Drifts the height of 2 oxen.

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I'm not sure about this .. the only legit events you could make a case for something like this happening are 1888 and 1978. Def a reason for a return rate nearing 100 years / event .. 

Off hand I really would like to toss those weenie 48"+ #s .. but the areal extent of the 30"-40"+ zone is crazy. Maybe everyone was measuring drifts? idk  

3 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Another incredibly dooshy storm.  Downtown Greenwich, CT, had 7", while the Byram neighborhood, which is the far SW corner of the town, had 19".  The I95 traffic cams were insane that night.

Was an interesting one. 

8 inches in Norwalk with only 4 in Fairfield. Incredible gradient.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I thought you meant another storm..lol. We wooosh.

The Euro was hand written by a team of meteorologists at the Weather Bureau, hundreds of them crunching numbers and equations. Then hand delivered in a small notebook crossing town by town by horse and buggy, or donkey. When we finally received the output, and read the notes, the storm had already been over...for weeks.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

The Euro was hand written by a team of meteorologists at the Weather Bureau, hundreds of them crunching numbers and equations. Then hand delivered in a small notebook crossing town by town by horse and buggy, or donkey. When we finally received the output, and read the notes, the storm had already been over...for weeks.

The GFS team is still crunching hour 12 from that storm

• Haha 1