Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

19 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

1933, I love that one.  February of 34 had a rare storm that was a sloppy mess for eastern New England, and an all-time blizzard for western New England.  This place would be nuts if that repeated itself.

That was obviously a ridiculous month....that storm actually still did pretty well in E MA...it changed to snow after some slop and gave them 12-16 inches. Though SW CT got 20"...they def jackpotted.

But Scooter is right that 1888 is the one you really want....he would jump off the top of the Boston Gas tank into the frozen water.

• Haha 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

That was obviously a ridiculous month....that storm actually still did pretty well in E MA...it changed to snow after some slop and gave them 12-16 inches. Though SW CT got 20"...they def jackpotted.

But Scooter is right that 1888 is the one you really want....he would jump off the top of the Boston Gas tank into the frozen water.

I would cut through that tank with a flame thrower. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ineedsnow said:

Might be close. Guess it depends on rates and if we flip quick enough 

It's so mild above us and those things use some sort of 850 temp rule and even 850 is barely cool enough. If you got more than a slushy coating I'd be real surprised.I could see a brief flip in the heaviest echoes I suppose.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Every season there are SNE meltdowns in November because people didn't get snow when their climo is like 1-2" of snow for the whole month outside of the Berks....maybe as high as 3" in ORH county.

I swear part of the issue is that there was this sort of campaign a while back that was pushing November as this big winter month or something along those lines.  It seemed like more of a “wishcast” disinformation campaign than anything, but I think some weenies got indoctrinated and the forums are still dealing with the backlash today.  I don’t remember all the details, but it was big on some of these weather boards at one point.

• Like 1

Just now, J.Spin said:

I swear part of the issue is that there was this sort of campaign a while back that was pushing November as this big winter month or something along those lines.  It seemed like more of a “wishcast” disinformation campaign than anything, but I think some weenies got indoctrinated and the forums are still dealing with the backlash today.  I don’t remember all the details, but it was big on some of these weather boards at one point.

Can you guess who led that parade?

Just now, J.Spin said:

Thankfully, the majority of us can spot fake news. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Some decent deformation rains at home. If only it were winter....oh wait it is to some.

This nice pattern for snows makes me a little more anxious than normal for winter to start. It's a bit frustrating to see the nice blocking and storm track and its just a few weeks too early. 

10 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

I would retire from the board and jump off the Sikorsky if 1888 happened.  That storm had an asinine subsidence zone over Fairfield County.  The totals were much higher over Westchester and New Haven counties.

Thats true, BDR got like 18 inches choking on exhaust while HVN got 45" and Westchester got 3-4 feet.