Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It looks ok to me other than the potential torch around Thanksgiving.

That torch has been supported with a big storm for the last 8 runs or so of the OP GFS. Shown the low center anywhere from Minneapolis to a transfer at the coast which bombs out barely in enough time for Maine on some runs.

The end result still looks like a lot of rain, wind and warmth on Thanksgiving Day all over the Northeast. Night and day from last year as it usually is, except for Christmas of course which will have the annual cutter and torch :unsure:

1 minute ago, BombsAway1288 said:

That torch has been supported with a big storm for the last 8 runs or so of the OP GFS. Shown the low center anywhere from Minneapolis to a transfer at the coast which bombs out barely in enough time for Maine on some runs.

The end result still looks like a lot of rain, wind and warmth on Thanksgiving Day all over the Northeast. Night and day from last year as it usually is, except for Christmas of course which will have the annual cutter and torch :unsure:

Exactly, the torch  has shown up on the GFS for awhile now.  As does the persistent pattern of storms passing to the west of NE

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Exactly, the torch  has shown up on the GFS for awhile now.  As does the persistent pattern of storms passing to the west of NE

Yeah it has. Almost all cutters or tracks even further west out of the cutter category.

Need some blocking badly it seems to get one of these juiced systems south of us

Tday week got warmer with cold dropping a bit further west but the really ugly pig that was showing up on the 00z run a couple nights ago is not there. 

In fact, it looks like the beginning of an EPO reload at the very end of the run. There's some NAO blocking too...so can't totally punt Tday yet...esp for NNE. 

N of the Pike and West of roughly Needham/Waltham I-95 the DPs are 25 to 28 over the breadth of the interior.  

In fact, my DP in Ayer is down a tick or two since later last evening when it was nearing 30 at that time.  I still would stay the WWA in these areas, as it is not abundantly clear the region in general is going to escape measurable out of this ... train-wreck L/W progression and it's bag of wave interference(s).  Obviously it goes without saying that it only take a couple of hundredths of freezing to headline a minivan -