Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

I was laughing at the irony.

:)

Oh ..right.  Well, it's an observation not just owned by me, but if folks try to become culturally aware, this is a phenomenon that's ubiquitously being scienced - and you're right, there's irony there.  

But, honestly, there are people in here - not to name anyone - hat tend to be 'defensively posturing' as they [ probably ] fear it exposes/reflects on themselves... And don't care that their reactions do exactly what they fear, expose themselves, so they nip anyway - that's a form of the irony too.  haha. Anyway, I admit to expecting the backdraft so that made my reply a bit touchy.  

word!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

21° on the summit of MWN right now while the valleys are still in the low single digits. Once we mix out a little bit it should end up a pretty nice day in NNE...if we can hold the sun long enough. 

We mixing.... the golf course station on the other side of the river has gone from -3F to 26F so far today.  Feels warm outside at 26F for sure.

MVL looks to be following right along, jumping up 7F per hour this morning.

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Psychologically speaking, it must be an escape for them, sort of like sports.  Some people seem to emotionally seesaw based on the results of their favorite sports teams too.  It's an escape from the reality that bombards them on a daily basis.  This becomes their support group.

Honestly that's probably the best comparison I've heard yet.  I love when someone asks why a weather lover gets emotionally tied to an outcome when you have absolutely no control over the outcome.... well, folks.... enter professional sports!  Millions of people get very emotionally involved over stuff they have no control over.... watching the model runs come out is like watching your favorite sports team play 4 times a day, lol.  Hell people even set cities on fire over sporting outcomes they had no control over.  Makes weenies seem tame by comparison.

• Like 2

Hey guys and gals. I have been a weather Enthusiast for years. I always enjoy coming on here to talk about latest model runs a different aspects of the weather. What's not enjoyable is when certain people complain when something doesn't go their way. The whole fun about whether is the changes that comes every hour. Those are some of the wonderful things about weather. Can it be frustrating, yes, but, in the end, it can be rewarding. So, try to enjoy all the fun things about the weather Instead of getting caught up in all the negative things. This is going to be a great Winter!
Nice post but you're pissing into the wind with the crowd here
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Cstl front over Quincy. I’m surprised the saturated layer is cold enough for flurries. Salt nuclei ftw. 

How does that work ? I'm a little unclear on the whole 'salt nuclei' thing.  

It seems just on the surface to me like salt would require a lower temperature, because of salt ionization - but maybe I'm missing something in the micro physics there.

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Honestly that's probably the best comparison I've heard yet.  I love when someone asks why a weather lover gets emotionally tied to an outcome when you have absolutely no control over the outcome.... well, folks.... enter professional sports!  Millions of people get very emotionally involved over stuff they have no control over.... watching the model runs come out is like watching your favorite sports team play 4 times a day, lol.  Hell people even set cities on fire over sporting outcomes they had no control over.  Makes weenies seem tame by comparison.

Mmm ..both forms of media fill voids - I mean, sorry. That's what that is.  The distraction to get back to it if one is missing out, ..that's additive behavior.  

And you're right. When one's sports team loses that 'big game' things can be a bit dicey in that household for a few days - hahaha lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lava Rock said:
6 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:
 Hey guys and gals. I have been a weather Enthusiast for years. I always enjoy coming on here to talk about latest model runs a different aspects of the weather. What's not enjoyable is when certain people complain when something doesn't go their way. The whole fun about whether is the changes that comes every hour. Those are some of the wonderful things about weather. Can it be frustrating, yes, but, in the end, it can be rewarding. So, try to enjoy all the fun things about the weather Instead of getting caught up in all the negative things. This is going to be a great Winter!

Nice post but you're pissing into the wind with the crowd here

Lol ... I know.   

you got like .. 12-year veterans of the arts, iron hauled vessels shipping more savvy baggage and behavior history with social media platforms than can be successfully categorized by the NSA ... and this newbie swoops in with his/her audacious introduction to inform them all of what they're doing wrong. 

that's probably the best post of the day right there -

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

People complain...sometimes it’s real, other times it’s tongue in cheek.  Weather like life has its ups and downs.   We’re a community of grizzled veterans mixed with newer posters but the important thing is we try to respect each other’s viewpoints despite our sometimes hair trigger responses.  Hopefully we’ll celebrate snow in SNE soon.

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1