SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I wish he was still posting in here

Me too :(

He's done incredible for himself...he is the definition of genius. His programming skills alone...I would kill to learn programming like that...or even to know how to come up with algorithms and indices...like he developed the MQI and used EOF's...zero clue how to even begin with that. If so I could probably do that construction of bi-weekly NAO/AO/PNA data from the daily numbers lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Oh you guys going past d10, ok then. I’m not touching that, too volatile. 

Yeah not making a call,  just a subtle shift in things last few days. It goes along with December thoughts by some as starting out not great.  Still looks like interior could time something right if we kept it as is.

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The good news is that split flow, means usually lots of storms. If you time it right, you can get a blue bomb in the interior.

Those are my thoughts for December...very active with cold around, but it won't be frigid with no blocking, so there will be precip type issues.

Well timed NAO could rely produce bigtime, though..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Those are my thoughts for December...very active with cold around, but it won't be frigid with no blocking, so there will be precip type issues.

Well timed NAO could rely produce bigtime, though..

We just can’t afford a more hostile look otherwise it won’t be fun. 

Just now, Dr. Dews said:

seems as though this winter will certainly require a panic/concern thread to handle the increased negative post traffic

Nah, skin will be thicker, expectations tempered, after last year's fiasco. That said, if I have more inches of rain than snow again this year come March, there will be melts. 

• Like 2