Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

My heating bill will not be favorable this month at this point.  

I cannot believe how warm/humid it was for Halloween, less than 2 weeks ago it was dews in the mid-60s....and now there’s 5” of dense snow on the ground and the temperature is sloshing around near 0F.

No snow here, but ponds getting ice is something I’ve never seen this early. It’s remarkable. I do wish we had a little more white to go along with the cold.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No snow here, but ponds getting ice is something I’ve never seen this early. It’s remarkable. I do wish we had a little more white to go along with the cold.

Yeah would've been nice to grab 2 or 3 inches for this cold shot...but man, this is still impressive. There's a little tiny marsh pond I have to drive by before I get to my sons preschool and it was completely frozen this morning. Pretty crazy for 11/13. It's not even like 11/27 or something where some ice isn't that weird but still indicative of below average temps...this is really early for this type of stuff. We don't really get a chance to warm that much before that next little nasty cold shot this weekend. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah would've been nice to grab 2 or 3 inches for this cold shot...but man, this is still impressive. There's a little tiny marsh pond I have to drive by before I get to my sons preschool and it was completely frozen this morning. Pretty crazy for 11/13. It's not even like 11/27 or something where some ice isn't that weird but still indicative of below average temps...this is really early for this type of stuff. We don't really get a chance to warm that much before that next little nasty cold shot this weekend. 

Yeah I’ve seen some of those too. It’s still weird to look up and see the stupid Norway maples hold onto decaying leaves and then look at my thermometer and see teens lol. It’s like how 90 in March feels...it’s so anomalous  to have this cold so early. 

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Holy ballz it is cold.  

My car said 3F arriving home.  I’d think we get 0F tonight.

Some PWS are already below zero just NE of here into NEK of VT.  

Just looked and they're a lot of low single digits up over your way there, Still have wind here so the temps are still in the low to mid teens here but i think will fall off as winds go calm into the single digits overnight.

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I’ve seen some of those too. It’s still weird to look up and see the stupid Norway maples hold onto decaying leaves and then look at my thermometer and see teens lol. It’s like how 90 in March feels...it’s so anomalous  to have this cold so early. 

I still had some green maple leaves hanging on as of yesterday. Went to work in the dark, returned in the dark, so not sure if this morning’s 18F low finally did them in. 

26 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Just looked and they're a lot of low single digits up over your way there, Still have wind here so the temps are still in the low to mid teens here but i think will fall off as winds go calm into the single digits overnight.

Browning center NE of him was -3

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

When you’re chasing bad guys do you have the gfs rolling in the background on your laptop? Like...pull some dude over for speeding but it takes you 30min to create the ticket because you’re really clicking the next frames on tropical tidbits.

Only if a snowstorm is coming

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Only if a snowstorm is coming

Ant...go up to Caribou and see if Caribou P.D. Is hiring?  Nice little town...but has everything you’d want.  Presque Isle is just south of Caribou, but it’s a lil bigger town..Presque Isle is known as the “hub of Aroostook County.”  Both those towns are big enough where they have their own PD’s.  And in southern Aroostook county, there’s Houlton; and they have their own PD, and a decent sized one for that area.  Or there’s always the Border Patrol agency up there as well.  

Once north of there, the State police cover the little Northern Aroostook towns; except for Fort Kent and Madawaska, they have their own PD’s. 

You want Cold..and I mean Absolute brutal cold that’s the place to go.  And Snow...well they get buried up there.  There’s Almost a foot on the ground from yesterday’s system in N. Aroostook county,  Maine. 

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I went out for a nice deep winter walk tonight.....remarkably cold and I have to remind myself it’s 11/13.

Its really remarkable how cold it is......i have buckets full of water with like 4" of ice solid.......these are buckets that should be in the shed yet but I just haven't been out to do the winter prep yet.....crazy....even in the dead of January that may not happen