Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol . It did nothing of the sort. You will not find one met here that will agree with you on that. It had no storm on the one last week and had this one yesterday Ots 

You're behind the times bro - it was flat out pointed out empirically with charts by your's truly.  And that I should have to say this ... concurred by other meteorologists.  

It did everything of the sort and you are flat wrong

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

So that's a whopper Noreaster there on the 18z GFS ... It's probably close enough at this point to figure much of the QPF is slush and blue urinal cake[\b]. It's clearly cold enough at 850 mb and given those parametric layouts there's no way that's just rain on the west arc/limb of that sucker's circulation... 

You're probably talking the blue bomb proper on that run.   

There's just one small caveat tho - it's the GFS... 

:lmao:

45 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It does a bit higher up. But imo low levels are still a little too warm due to marine influence. It doesn’t handle CAD well at all. In this case we lose a lot of the cold anyways, but it still may have low level issues.

I finally tracked down that link Dendy gave out a couple weeks ago.  

Looks like the GFS has a cold bias at all levels.  Here’s the 1000mb level...what the hell is up with the CMC/GGEM too, lol.  

6B904D75-E3A7-459C-87BE-D0EDEDBDA00D.png.fb7e66b12f5a315deb8743c69a1eeb7b.png

5 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

I really need to move up there. Maybe they need cops over there.

When you’re chasing bad guys do you have the gfs rolling in the background on your laptop? Like...pull some dude over for speeding but it takes you 30min to create the ticket because you’re really clicking the next frames on tropical tidbits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I finally tracked down that link Dendy gave out a couple weeks ago.  

Looks like the GFS has a cold bias at all levels.  Here’s the 1000mb level...what the hell is up with the CMC/GGEM too, lol.  

6B904D75-E3A7-459C-87BE-D0EDEDBDA00D.png.fb7e66b12f5a315deb8743c69a1eeb7b.png

Yep it does.  But for us, I was just speaking more of the CAD issues 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

When you’re chasing bad guys do you have the gfs rolling in the background on your laptop? Like...pull some dude over for speeding but it takes you 30min to create the ticket because you’re really clicking the next frames on tropical tidbits.

I bet if it looks to whiff, The dude gets his car searched....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ll be honest in that I wasn’t feverishly comparing both models. I was just speaking anecdotally.

GFS was garbage around d5-7 range but I feel like once we got to d3-4, GFS beat it as it was showing that uglier look with the low along the front looping up through interior SNE and the euro finally latched on once inside of 60h. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS was garbage around d5-7 range but I feel like once we got to d3-4, GFS beat it as it was showing that uglier look with the low along the front looping up through interior SNE and the euro finally latched on once inside of 60h. 

Yeah that’s what I recall. It went from way south to way north and then stuck with that solution with a little wavering.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Clouds may help from absolute moon like temps.

My heating bill will not be favorable this month at this point.  

I cannot believe how warm/humid it was for Halloween, less than 2 weeks ago it was dews in the mid-60s....and now there’s 5” of dense snow on the ground and the temperature is sloshing around near 0F.