Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

10 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Just did this for Hartford...only using climo period (would love to just pick a random date and collect temperatures on every date...when I have some time at some point) 

image.png.a1adefbccbb95459a819f3c5d8071ef4.png

Avg = 53

6 times the max was in the 40's and 6 times in the 60's...so just as much of a chance to have a high temperature into the 60's as in the 40's on this date. But given the average is closer to 50 and opposed to higher in the 50's I guess you can decipher there is a better chance of it being on the colder side than the warmer side. 

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

People think normal means it’s supposed to be that temp. The fact is it’s rarely ever that “normal” temp 

Normal is the average.  If your average is 53F, one year it could be 65F and the next it’s 41F.  

It’s still supposed to be relatively mild right now though.  This is an extreme air mass...the warm equivalent would be highs of like 70-80F. 

Wonder if ORH can put up a sub-26F high....the earliest they've ever done it was 11/20 when they put up 23F for a high in 1951. They put up 26F last year on 11/15, the day of the snow event which was the earliest sub-27F high (also not broken until that 11/20 date previously)

Both 2m model temps and MOS say it may be done...both are around 24-25F.

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Just did this for Hartford...only using climo period (would love to just pick a random date and collect temperatures on every date...when I have some time at some point) 

image.png.a1adefbccbb95459a819f3c5d8071ef4.png

Avg = 53

6 times the max was in the 40's and 6 times in the 60's...so just as much of a chance to have a high temperature into the 60's as in the 40's on this date. But given the average is closer to 50 and opposed to higher in the 50's I guess you can decipher there is a better chance of it being on the colder side than the warmer side. 

So in the last 18 years, 30% of the time today the high was in the 60s.  That doesn’t strike me as something that happens in a “cold winter month” as some like to call November.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

So in the last 18 years, 30% of the time today the high was in the 60s.  That doesn’t strike me as something that happens in a “cold winter month” as some like to call November.

yeah November...and even December is still a transition month depending on where you are. For example, BDL...beginning of November ave high is upper 50's, by months end its mid 40's. December goes from mid 40's to mid 30's. It's January (which has the least) and February winter months which have smallest deviation from start to end

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ya'll can come out to the woods behind my house and take out as many deer as you want...they are relentless in stealing my bird seed. If you like gamey bird meat, there's about a thousand wild turkeys back there too.

The turkeys are gamey, Both have become a nuisance, I have had 12+ turkeys in here where were hunting, Some zones here are giving bonus tags to try to thin the deer out as they are destroying the white cedars, Gardens and bird feeders, You can contact the DIFW up here if their a nuisance to your property and they will allow you to take them by bow, shotgun or rifle depending on the situation, You can even hire someone to do it if your not a hunter.

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ya'll can come out to the woods behind my house and take out as many deer as you want...they are relentless in stealing my bird seed. If you like gamey bird meat, there's about a thousand wild turkeys back there too.

I can hear the A.R.O’s beating the drums as they get ready to march. As always ....

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wonder if ORH can put up a sub-26F high....the earliest they've ever done it was 11/20 when they put up 23F for a high in 1951. They put up 26F last year on 11/15, the day of the snow event which was the earliest sub-27F high (also not broken until that 11/20 date previously)

Both 2m model temps and MOS say it may be done...both are around 24-25F.

Farmington's coldest max during the 1st half of November is 27, reached 5 different times on the 14th/15th.  Odds look good for 25 or colder today.  The bar drops to 23 on the 16th, set in 1967, to 20 on the 21st in 1896, and last year's high of 12 on the 22nd tied 11/28/78 for the month's coldest max.

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The turkeys are gamey, Both have become a nuisance, I have had 12+ turkeys in here where were hunting, Some zones here are giving bonus tags to try to thin the deer out as they are destroying the white cedars, Gardens and bird feeders, You can contact the DIFW up here if their a nuisance to your property and they will allow you to take them by bow, shotgun or rifle depending on the situation, You can even hire someone to do it if your not a hunter.

I’ve killed 3 deer by car the past two years commuting to and from work. I’m not a hunter but I kinda feel like one behind the wheel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1