Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

2 hours ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Might be moving to Sandwich next year. Slightly less snow but I'll look forward to the benefits of wind and occasional ocean enhancement. Storms like 1/2015 come to mind

I might be moving to Montana soon.

Gonna be a dental floss tycoon. Raising them up waxin them down

Hard to believe it was 55 here just a couple days ago. Now it suddenly feels like mid-January, go figure.. At least you guys up north are putting that cold to good use :) There's nothing more picturesque than snow falling in the middle of the night, kind of like watching an approaching thunderstorm on a steamy summer evening. Both weather events will always have a soft spot in my weenie heart.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Holy shit. Harvesting eggs like yore.

Actually they’re a molting mess right now. I feel for them in this cold with a lack of feathers. They don’t seem too mind a calm cold too much, but they hate the wind. Good thing this is a downslope...lol.

2nd straight extreme November cold shot. If we start seeing another meh December and January rainstorms everyone will start fearing record breaking Novie cold.

11 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey Wiz, 

Ryan H. kind of Just echoed the idea that tonight and tomorrow aren’t anything that brutal or unusual for SNE, but what is unusual(as we talked about) is the calendar date.  These are garden variety winter time temps in late December through mid Feb. 

He also said this will be tame in comparison to some of the Arctic blasts we’ll face going forward in actual winter.   So better get those arms in shape to ward off the potential cramping.  Start drinking more water...it really helps. 

In all seriousness I'm just being selfish and calling it brutal b/c I hate it lol. 

I also fear we will be seeing airmasses much worse than this...which hopefully I guess will produce some snow. 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Actually they’re a molting mess right now. I feel for them in this cold with a lack of feathers. They don’t seem too mind a calm cold too much, but they hate the wind. Good thing this is a downslope...lol.

2nd straight extreme November cold shot. If we start seeing another meh December and January rainstorms everyone will start fearing record breaking Novie cold.

Record November cold usually results in record warmth later on.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is textbook Nov of yore. This was how they all were when were growing up. Winter started in Nov and set in for good by last week of month. There was almost always ice on ponds in Nov.  This to me could be a sign of winter starting early , but ending early . That’s what my winter forecast I issued has anyway 

just curious, you mentioned that you forecasted winter to end early. how early is early?

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mean I don’t get the complaining. It’s winter, it gets cold . WTF?

There is nothing remotely good about cold. And all those people who prance around screaming, "I'd rather be cold then hot. You can always add clothes, you can't take them off"...GARBAGE...COMPLETE GARBAGE. What a ridiculous phrase. There is nothing good about cold. Nothing fun about shivering 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1