Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Cape and SE MA ahead of most of us on the measurable list. Models did show the potential pretty well for the cape and adjacent areas to take the most advantage  of the anafrontal precip. 

Yeah..it was modeled pretty well. I was skeptical it would stick but it was coming down moderately for a while with temps around 30

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey Wiz, 

Ryan H. kind of Just echoed the idea that tonight and tomorrow aren’t anything that brutal or unusual for SNE, but what is unusual(as we talked about) is the calendar date.  These are garden variety winter time temps in late December through mid Feb. 

He also said this will be tame in comparison to some of the Arctic blasts we’ll face going forward in actual winter.   So better get those arms in shape to ward off the potential cramping.  Start drinking more water...it really helps. 

Yeah tomorrow is like a seasonably cold day in mid-January. But that is really hard to get in mid-November. That's why almost everyone is going to set record low maxes tomorrow and prob some stations get record lows as well. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah tomorrow is like a seasonably cold day in mid-January. But that is really hard to get in mid-November. That's why almost everyone is going to set record low maxes tomorrow and prob some stations get record lows as well. 

Ya that was exactly my point earlier today when we discussed this idea.  He was saying how Brutal it was going to be, and hoped that this would be the coldest weather we’d see all winter. So that’s when I said what you just said..it’s seasonable for January...but not mid November. But other than that...imo it’s not all that brutal.  

• Like 1

This is textbook Nov of yore. This was how they all were when were growing up. Winter started in Nov and set in for good by last week of month. There was almost always ice on ponds in Nov.  This to me could be a sign of winter starting early , but ending early . That’s what my winter forecast I issued has anyway 

• Weenie 6

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is textbook Nov of yore. This was how they all were when were growing up. Winter started in Nov and set in for good by last week of month. There was almost always ice on ponds in Nov.  This to me could be a sign of winter starting early , but ending early . That’s what my winter forecast I issued has anyway 

Enough with the yore...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why did Hunch get so angry at me?

Probably because it wasn’t always like this in November growing up...so saying this is what November’s of “Yore” are like, Is not exactly accurate.    But if you think so...I’m glad it makes you happy.  

Yesterday was 62...how’s that for Yore?  And Friday it’ll be 50 plus again...and around 50 most of next week(save for sat and Sunday)

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nice call this morning. 

Thanks, but guidance showed this potential for a couple of days. I mean it’s a very minor event, but WNW winds will have little marine influence on the Cape so they should cool quick. 

I’ll root for the Cape. Everyone shits on them and I understand why...but lots of good people like Phil who enjoy the snow. That’s a good event for them this time of year. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That seems like your hope every winter at least.  I'm with you on hoping winter follows the solar cycle a bit more (ie, deep winter on these dark days, but getting nicer when its light out until 7:30pm in March).

It is hard to remember it's only the 2nd week of November.  It gets dark so damn that it seems like it should be mid-winter. 

14 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Might be moving to Sandwich next year. Slightly less snow but I'll look forward to the benefits of wind and occasional ocean enhancement. Storms like 1/2015 come to mind

Problem is, we have these type of storms about once every ten years and a storm of NEMO intensity 16-20" about once every 2.5 years, and with one or two winters with nearly less than 10" for the entire three to four months.  Our last 12"+ storm I believe was 2017.