Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

51 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks great man. Deep winter.

Fascinating little event.  Snow totals are underwhelming (failed warning criteria) but the QPF was spot on.  Even the Northern Champlain Valley I was sure was a lock for 10”....but they’ve got a couple reports of 7-8” on ~1.00 water even up there.  

That mid level warmth must’ve led to some widespread terrible snow growth, as even the places that saw no sleet still looked to have seen 7-8:1 ratios.  And those of us who saw some sleet mixture at times saw as low as 5-6:1 ratios.

Though I will say I’d rather bust low of snow totals but get the frozen QPF on the ground, rather than hitting the snow totals but busting on QPF because of extreme snow growth.  We’ll have plenty of time for fluff...early season is for high density snows.

9 minutes ago, alex said:

Nice and wintry (and veery cold)

DACFE11F-E4B9-4A15-A14B-23D86924A17A.jpeg

Yeah it’s cold.  Been upper teens all day here at 1,500ft.  

I see MVL has snuck up into the low 20s....it’s only 5F colder at 1pm than our normal minimum temp this time of year!  lol.   

Everyone is going to think it’s an Indian Summer if we warm back up to normal!  Highs in the 40s are normal right now, these temps are the cold equivalent of a high of 65-70F right now up here.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Fascinating little event.  Snow totals are underwhelming (failed warning criteria) but the QPF was spot on.  Even the Northern Champlain Valley I was sure was a lock for 10”....but they’ve got a couple reports of 7-8” on ~1.00 water even up there.  

That mid level warmth must’ve led to some widespread terrible snow growth, as even the places that saw no sleet still looked to have seen 7-8:1 ratios.  And those of us who saw some sleet mixture at times saw as low as 5-6:1 ratios.

Though I will say I’d rather bust low of snow totals but get the frozen QPF on the ground, rather than hitting the snow totals but busting on QPF because of extreme snow growth.  We’ll have plenty of time for fluff...early season is for high density snows.

It's almost like the folks at BTV knew what they were ding with WWA instead of the Waning for this area.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s cold.  Been upper teens all day here at 1,500ft.  

I see MVL has snuck up into the low 20s....it’s only 5F colder at 1pm than our normal minimum temp this time of year!  lol.   

Everyone is going to think it’s an Indian Summer if we warm back up to normal!  Highs in the 40s are normal right now, these temps are the cold equivalent of a high of 65-70F right now up here.

Just slipped into the teens here too. The icicles add to the wintry appeal lol

C23D6F1F-E1A9-47B2-A18B-21C42FD364AB.jpeg