Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

30/10 is probably closer to climo than brutal. 

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This was my point too..

well technically climo can still be brutal. 

Like in Siberia...maybe their worst climo is like -20...so -20 on a day is climo but that's still brutal 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Like in Siberia...maybe their worst climo is like -20...so -20 on a day is climo but that's still brutal 

But to me..32 or 33 tomorrow isn’t that brutal. Yes it’s way below average for the date.   But it isn’t gonna be brutal tomorrow imo.

Last year on thanksgiving when it was 16 or 17 for the high, and the wind was blowing like crazy...ya that was brutal.  But not 32 in mid November.    But I guess everybody is different.  

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But to me..32 or 33 tomorrow isn’t that brutal. Yes it’s way below average for the date.   But it isn’t gonna be brutal tomorrow imo.

Last year on thanksgiving when it was 16 or 17 for the high, and the wind was blowing like crazy...ya that was brutal.  But not 32 in mid November.    But I guess everybody is different.  

I get terrible cramps in the cold...specifically in my arms. I tense up and if I have my arms bent too quickly and straighten them I get awful cramps right where my arms bend. 

• Weenie 3

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I get terrible cramps in the cold...specifically in my arms. I tense up and if I have my arms bent too quickly and straighten them I get awful cramps right where my arms bend. 

Well it’s only gonna be about 36 hours of cold..then it’s back to 50 degrees, so that’ll work for you my friend. 

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well it’s only gonna be about 36 hours of cold..then it’s back to 50 degrees, so that’ll work for you my friend. 

That i am pumped about. Especially since there is a hockey game in Hartford Saturday...I dead the walks from the parking lot to arena in winter...even though its only like a 10 second walk...except for when you have to wait for the stupid guy on the crosswalk to tell you its o to proceed. Sometimes I just say screw it and play frogger. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Try eating a little protein. You need more than 50 calories per day that aren't from alcohol.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That's even optimistic.  Some years back I saw that Yakutsk, a city of about half a million next to Lake Baikal, had a January average temp of -45F.