Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

wow youre surface temp really dropped fast.  you are supposed to warm aloft overnight, right?  then back to snow.  expectinig 2-3?

Yes, We will warm aloft but the surface temps are not going anywheres, Going to get rather icy before we flip back on the end, I'm thinking 2".

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Just no pics of the heated sidewalks. They make me angry. Angrier than pickles posting about a random 35F rainstorm in winter. 

It goes against anything a snow lover wants.  Like someone paid a shit ton of money to make sure it NEVER snows there.  You could get 3 feet out of the sky and nope, wet cobblestones.

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just no pics of the heated sidewalks. They make me angry. Angrier than pickles posting about a random 35F rainstorm in winter. 

I cant believe places actually do that. I had never seen that before. I bet they lose quite a bit of tourism money from that because a lot of people feel the same way you and I do about it 

• Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Snowstorms in general that only stick to grassy surfaces and picknick tables make me angry. When i see all the wet roads and side walks in NYC but a park bench has 6" of paste, that infuriates me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It goes against anything a snow lover wants.  Like someone paid a shit ton of money to make sure it NEVER snows there.  You could get 3 feet out of the sky and nope, wet cobblestones.

What happens in one of those subzero snow events? Is there a threshold where it starts to glaciate?

11 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Looks like it's ripping on your cam and won't stop until the system passes and your upslope stops.

What's your pack? Looks like deep winter there.

It’s not that deep, we’ve had a lot of melting and the ground below is not really frozen. My stake was down to about 3” today 

Snowing more heavily than I was expecting tonight. P&C says we switch to freezing rain for a few hours though, so totals are not expected to go over 6” or so