• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

The pattern end of the month into December is going to be rather interesting and I'm not so sure it works into our favor...I think we're going to have to get a great deal of help from the Pacific and by help something to completely change-up the pattern which looks to evolve. 

Both the euro and GFS continue to indicate a pretty significant (in terms of strength) jet extension from east Asia to the west coast of the United States...typically not good for us, however, there are a few caveats here...weakness within the flow may yield some Rossby wave breaking and instead of a completely zonal pattern developing we may see a rather highly amplified pattern developing...this is a case where I guess we would want some support from the Arctic...which I guess there are some signals that may happen. 

The pattern looks to become pretty chaotic and it could also be a fairly warm one too.  

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The pattern end of the month into December is going to be rather interesting and I'm not so sure it works into our favor...I think we're going to have to get a great deal of help from the Pacific and by help something to completely change-up the pattern which looks to evolve. 

Both the euro and GFS continue to indicate a pretty significant (in terms of strength) jet extension from east Asia to the west coast of the United States...typically not good for us, however, there are a few caveats here...weakness within the flow may yield some Rossby wave breaking and instead of a completely zonal pattern developing we may see a rather highly amplified pattern developing...this is a case where I guess we would want some support from the Arctic...which I guess there are some signals that may happen. 

The pattern looks to become pretty chaotic and it could also be a fairly warm one too.  

Most other stuff I’ve read contradicts this. Additionally the NAO is progged to be negative . 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Well given how early in the season it is, it may get hostile enough so that we don’t have a snowy look. But to me, it’s not a torch at all.

May not be overly snowy but if it sets up like weeklies have combined with neggy NAO, we would all take chances with that. Certainly not a warm pattern at all

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I’m 19...almost on the Tilton/Franklin border. I can walk to Hannaford.

You can see the sleet mix out on dual pol which is when it flipped to all snow. Mixing again now at 33°. For those under a rock, I’m the chicken. Gene is the chestnut and Eek is the palm tree.

CAF79EAE-4F79-4061-9AEA-C220572863C6.gif