Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s early November. It’s favoring where it should be favored.

That's not quite what I'm looking at. I'm very familiar with the step down process in November where Northern New England gets into the goods first. It's the overall pattern I'm looking at that is different.

Man ..that's a nasty miserable look on the Euro for day's 7 thru 10 ..

I mean we gotta park a high pressure N of us over eastern Ontario, with 850 mb temperature between +3 and +6 C in November

That's definitely an alternate hobby-worthy look there. 

The thing is ... who knows if those details will work their way out like that layout, but it appears the cold washes out pretty quickly at the loss of the -EPO construct.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Greg said:

That's not quite what I'm looking at. I'm very familiar with a step down process in November where Northern New England gets into the good first. It's the overall pattern I'm looking at that is different.

Yeah I was agreeing. Was just saying that regardless of pattern it’s doing what it should more or less.

1 hour ago, Greg said:

That's not quite what I'm looking at. I'm very familiar with a step down process in November where Northern New England gets into the good first. It's the overall pattern I'm looking at that is different.

Snowfall in NVT is mirroring last season.  Above average snow and cold like last November.  Pattern is irrelevant 

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Above Average snow and below average temps is not what its supposed to be. 

I think that may be everywhere actually.  Certainly the temperatures but depending  next system it wouldn’t take much for across the board but your assertion is correct regarding this year vs last year.  Pattern looks different though.

33 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think that may be everywhere actually.  Certainly the temperatures but depending  next system it wouldn’t take much for across the board but your assertion is correct regarding this year vs last year.  Pattern looks different though.

Not much difference if we forward the 5H to Thursday  Today, last year, and Upcoming Thursday 

dwm500_test_20191109 (1).gif

dwm500_test_20181110.gif

download (33).png

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Man ..that's a nasty miserable look on the Euro for day's 7 thru 10 ..

I mean we gotta park a high pressure N of us over eastern Ontario, with 850 mb temperature between +3 and +6 C in November

That's definitely an alternate hobby-worthy look there. 

The thing is ... who knows if those details will work their way out like that layout, but it appears the cold washes out pretty quickly at the loss of the -EPO construct.

big negative PNA coming, this pattern needs to snap back like rubber band, the west will enjoy some run of the mill base building in the mountains after 11/21, too early to lock in cold in the east, besides, my grass seed isn't done germinating and i have one more milorganite treatment to lay down. 

5 minutes ago, Drop the Trough said:

big negative PNA coming, this pattern needs to snap back like rubber band, the west will enjoy some run of the mill base building in the mountains after 11/21, too early to lock in cold in the east, besides, my grass seed isn't done germinating and i have one more milorganite treatment to lay down. 

I don’t see a negative PNA. The ridging stays more in the EPO region, but it will relax a tad.

7 minutes ago, Drop the Trough said:

We don't need any of these negative posts.

j/k.  Welcome to the board.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Maybe I’m just not remembering.  I recall the feeling that things were going off the rails early. Maybe we’re heading to the same place though hopefully not...

We actually had a pretty nice pattern in early December but squandered it while Roanoke and Richmond VA got buried. The Scooter streak got us. 

Once that pattern was gone after the 12th or so the rest of the month took a steaming dump. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We actually had a pretty nice pattern in early December but squandered it while Roanoke and Richmond VA got buried. The Scooter streak got us. 

Once that pattern was gone after the 12th or so the rest of the month took a steaming dump. 

December of yore turned into December of rat.

• Haha 1