• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

In SNE we probbably want to root for slower like Tip mentioned. Flatter isn't gonna happen this close in where we stay all snow wire to wire...it just is too much ground to make up too close in....but we could catch some action at the end if we can slow everything down and redevelop a wave further south on the frontal boundary. 

18z gfs def got warmer toward the euro. But it still has some post-frontal snows as it is digging the trough more. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Just let me stay here in Stowe 

thanks -from jacuzzi 

Air bnb?   Who’s the lucky lady?  I’m sure I’ve told everyone the story of a lady I was with in the old south end piano factory which had some cool apartments of which I had one.   One Saturday night in January 1975 had her over and  when I opened my eyes Sunday I noted snow.  So naturally I jumped out of bed and she beckoned me back.  I think I said “but it’s snowing..”.   When she asked “what’s more important.....snow or me”..I felt I could only say “please don’t make me answer that question..”.      

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

The subtle slowing in the NAM I mentioned a while ago could really just be 'giga' perturbation and not really be indicative of trend.  Just thought I'd clarify that. It could.. but the the only reason I brought it up was because it was endemic to the one model/interesting...  'Fact that I have not seen an 18z cycle from any other source that backs that noise, in fact... the opposite is more true, doesn't help the NAM's case.

That said, the only thing the NAM may have going for it is that it's resolution in the boundary layer may have a better idea on where the front lies down. It's slightly south axis could certainly be atoned for seeing that resistance in the lower thickness intervals.  But, perhaps comparing to other meso models might help there ?

This whole 10 day period of time is a lesson in too much of a good thing... Particularly packing all those cold heights on top of a still resistant S/height crest.  That flow is sped up in between dry cold shots.  I think I even mentioned this, tho in sarcasm, back then, that this could end up being a dry cold blustering uninspired result.   We'll see what Tuesday at last delivers - best bet is obviously the Capital District of eastern NY  up through central NE for now.  Otherwise, another cold shot ... then -

Hate to say, but the operational Euro's dismantling the -EPO construct out near D's 8-10 has support in the American tele's.  It may be transient prior to reload ...I don't know, or even oversold in both, but as it stands right now, there is at least a pattern lull set to take place out there around 20th.   The other aspect to keep in mind is the the EPO is almost as fickle as the NAO...with somewhat stochastic onset behavior, at other times ..models tending to 'lose' it only to rebuild the blocking regime up that way. So, vigil either way...  I'll stand by my ideas though, that without the -EPO, we flop above normal because the rest state is threshold(ing) into an all or nothing type of alternation.  Hybrid PHL already... Until I see a static average atmosphere that is average without it coming from a cold source in order to do so, I'm pretty confident that's the new deal.

27 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Air bnb?   Who’s the lucky lady?  I’m sure I’ve told everyone the story of a lady I was with in the old south end piano factory which had some cool apartments of which I had one.   One Saturday night in January 1975 had her over and  when I opened my eyes Sunday I noted snow.  So naturally I jumped out of bed and she beckoned me back.  I think I said “but it’s snowing..”.   When she asked “what’s more important.....snow or me”..I felt I could only say “please don’t make me answer that question..”.      

There’s a good chance pickles is with the same woman.

• Haha 3