Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

Just now, White Rain said:

Powderfreak posting that map might be the turning point we needed to reverse our fortune in SNE.

Yeah it's like when SNE weenies post those maps last year at 96 hours and then by 60 hours out powderfreak was talking with 3 other people about getting buried while the rest of us were talking about an inch or two before a flip to ZR and rain. 

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's like when SNE weenies post those maps last year at 96 hours and then by 60 hours out powderfreak was talking with 3 other people about getting buried while the rest of us were talking about an inch or two before a flip to ZR and rain. 

Ha yup.  As long as it doesn’t amp up to rain here, we’ll see what happens.  I’m a little worried it ends like this last event, where the cold air push ahead of the system was way over modeled at this lead time.

So, I’m getting married November 16th in Chester, CT, then off to a short honeymoon in Sherbrooke, Quebec November 17 through the 20th.  Burning question.....will there be snow on the ground in Chester that day and will it still be freezing in Sherbrooke?  I’d love a big snow event up there.  Can we work some magic?

• Weenie 2

Just now, weathafella said:

Hopefully 12z is a trend that holds.  I’m not greedy-all I need is measurable before taint.  

Still need many more ticks on Euro....this is incremental. But at least the NW trend has halted for the moment and there's a few models that give us some snow. So while I'm pretty skeptical of much of anything, still cannot rule it out.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

At least the Euro is going in the right direction rather then more amped, Still work to do for CNE/SNE, Or not, Looks similar to 0z.

That’s real close even up here.  

That’s my fear that like yesterday’s event, the models over-estimated the cold air push ahead of the system. 

F8982A71-DB86-4325-BF03-E1304F801E8A.thumb.png.3a2b2725c4f485b0d1316ac4c5bca494.png

Just now, powderfreak said:

That’s real close even up here.  

That’s my fear that like yesterday’s event, the models over-estimated the cold air push ahead of the system. 

F8982A71-DB86-4325-BF03-E1304F801E8A.thumb.png.3a2b2725c4f485b0d1316ac4c5bca494.png

The euro handled yesterdays rather poorly especially at day 5, I'm skeptical of any Op model right now so i'm looking more at the ensembles as we should be anyways this far out and will try to figure where its going with the spread.