Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Reggie is actually fairly suppressed and prob would be pretty snowy for at least N of pike. Yeah its clown range....

Love the adaptation of Kevinisms!  This one should give more widespread flakes even if it doesn’t accumulate.  Muthufukkas have numbers in them...

14 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Hmm can you elaborate on this? Or any  good references on it? My personal reference range for this is roughly the period from a month after the autumnal equinox to a month before the vernal equinox. (Approx late October to late February) 

OH I'm sorry ... I don't/didn't mean to come off as "factoid" on that.  That's speculation based upon some other avenues that are, however clad...so, call it synthesizing a possible explanation/and/or supposition that when the base-line R-wave lengths are smaller, the EPO tends to dump west. Moreover, since we are not statistically in the longer R-wave time of year ( yet ) .. that's why I used the term scaffolding

That said, I'm not even sure that ridge being too far west in this situation is really caused by that. It may just be the rub that it's a "west-based +PNA" 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It's just odd b/c how the isobars are laid out does not match guidance at all. I don't even think a blend of guidance would yield that.

Are you looking at the day 4 prog updated last hour or two

for 12z Tuesday 

low is rather weak and situated NW of Portland Maine alone a boundary that runs SW-NE much like the last frontal low 

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Gfs has 3 waves 

The 3rd wave  is once again coming out of the gulf  . Let's see if there is enough cold air.

That one is probably going to be more highly dependent on a phase with that northern stream energy. If the phase happens in our favor plenty of cold air to tug in and lock in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That one is probably going to be more highly dependent on a phase with that northern stream energy. If the phase happens in our favor plenty of cold air to tug in and lock in. 

Agree

Need the cold air to stay in place longer.  Right now that doesnt look to be the case. 

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

UKIE might be good for the interior actually. We'll see what the euro does. 

That was a good ukie shift. And I agree that is probably a good snow event for interior SNE. I'll pay a little more attention since it led the way with the initial westward tracks. 

• Like 1