Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

21 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Listen man. There is a reason for my post. I'm no youngster.... I've been around the block ( I'm sure many more times than you ). My reasons for my statements are not for my benefit. I dont get angry or sad if we don't get snow, I just love the weather. I have a life, a family, and I consider myself very level headed. However, we all have a responsibility to others on here to not bittercast. You know as well as I do that your statements have zero Merritt. Am I the only one here that feels this way, or, is this the bittercast forum people? Lol 

I am without a doubt much older than you. I love snow more than anyone . I usually buy in and if it doesn’t happen, I get pissed off. Like last night. They forecast it and I bought it. This time I did not. And that’s all I was saying. Put the Sigmund Freud manual down and hope things change as we get into winter.

• Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I am without a doubt much older than you. I love snow more than anyone . I usually buy in and if it doesn’t happen, I get pissed off. Like last night. They forecast it and I bought it. This time I did not. And that’s all I was saying. Put the Sigmund Freud manual down and hope things change as we get into winter.

Well.. I dont wish I was older than you..lol. I'm definitely not trying to be a nag. I get it man. The good news is.. Here we are in November, and all of this is just an appetizer. I'm more excited about this year than I have been for several. I just feel we have a pretty darn good set up that could give us " That Winter " This year. But, only time will tell man. And PS... I am 47. 

9 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Well.. I dont wish I was older than you..lol. I'm definitely not trying to be a nag. I get it man. The good news is.. Here we are in November, and all of this is just an appetizer. I'm more excited about this year than I have been for several. I just feel we have a pretty darn good set up that could give us " That Winter " This year. But, only time will tell man. And PS... I am 47. 

I just turned 47 last Saturday.. that’s awesome :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sorry you haven’t dropped below 32 yet this fall there in S Wey 

In all honesty, something does not seem right. There is no reason to be 2F colder at 950' compared to ORH. And despite atmospheric physics defying logic in TOL..the lapse rate is not 1.5F/100' there. 

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

oof look at that jet extension across the NPAC. Near 200 knots

image.png.be47d3c552ecf2801d8eaada6266b66a.png

While the Euro doesn't go out this far there have been some signals the pattern may change heading into December and even the Euro towards the end of it's run looks to be developing a pretty strong jet extension from off the Asian continent to the west coast of the US...that would probably flood much of the US with zonal flow and some degree of warmth...would need significant help from the AO/NAO to suppress heights this way..that could also result in a nice little battle ground here with a congrats to NNE 

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

23.2 with wind. Frigid morning. I’ll take this over mild 50’s in November anytime 

Strongly agree!   But I had to catch myself as I was driving over to a friends for a reunion of old friends at his house.   It was raining and in the 40s.   Considering it was 11/7, I normally would be quite pleased.   We were progged to have unusually robust early snow and it’s no surprise that it is unlikely.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

In all honesty, something does not seem right. There is no reason to be 2F colder at 950' compared to ORH. And despite atmospheric physics defying logic in TOL..the lapse rate is not 1.5F/100' there. 

I don’t know what to tell you. Many times ORH is colder. Today , in the woods , I’m colder. It’s not rocket science. It’s just facts. I have never seen someone so obsessed with thermometers as you are. You question all of them, home and ASOS. Just accept the readings, and love life. It’s too short for thermometer obsession. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Euro and GFS develop some fun in the Gulf and bring it up the coast. 

I hope we just keep seeing"threat" after "threat"...will make winter go by faster and before we know it we'll be back in the 80's and 90's with severe wx to track 

What are you talking about Wiz...bring it up the coast?  It’s a Fropa next week?