Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I count you as mountains since you enjoy the advantage of the upslope components. I was more speaking for areas like central NH over to the lakes region in Maine eastward to midcoast. Those areas usually require something a bit more than moist CAA flow to generate measurable snow. 

Ahh, understood.  Indeed that’s true, a lot of those early accumulations seem to come from some sort of terrain assist where all it takes is a bit of moisture in the flow accompanied by marginal temperatures.

42 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s been a great coc summer and fall overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the comfy weather...but it’s time to drop the hammer and turn this muthafuka @weathafella out. I want the public crying about the non stop cold and snow until April.  

Yes please! Since I moved up here in December of 2014 there has not been much in the way of "extended" cold and snow outside of February 2015...It is about time, it has been more like the northern Mid Atlantic than SNE.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s been a great coc summer and fall overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the comfy weather...but it’s time to drop the hammer and turn this muthafuka @weathafella out. I want the public crying about the non stop cold and snow until April.  

According to Don S. the 2nd half of Nov could torch. Hard to disagree he's been spot on so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

Yes please! Since I moved up here in December of 2014 there has not been much in the way of "extended" cold and snow outside of February 2015...It is about time, it has been more like the northern Mid Atlantic than SNE.

SW CT was living large for many years ...but they've missed the meat of some of the recent snow blitzes like March 2018 (2nd big one that month was mostly east), Dec 2017 (missed most of the Xmas storm), Feb 2017 (round two was mostly north of HFD-PVD), and even the best of Feb '15 was east though everyone got in on it. 

They were jackpotting a bunch in 2010-2013 time frame. I'm sure they'll be some storms soon where they cash in more. 

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

According to Don S. the 2nd half of Nov could torch. Hard to disagree he's been spot on so far.

Models have hinted at that after the cold dump. I think most people would be fine with a warm-up if we could squeeze in a small snow event before hand.  Even if it was just a 1-3” interior event. 

37 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

SW CT was living large for many years ...but they've missed the meat of some of the recent snow blitzes like March 2018 (2nd big one that month was mostly east), Dec 2017 (missed most of the Xmas storm), Feb 2017 (round two was mostly north of HFD-PVD), and even the best of Feb '15 was east though everyone got in on it. 

They were jackpotting a bunch in 2010-2013 time frame. I'm sure they'll be some storms soon where they cash in more. 

Coming from Delaware, even last year's 35ish inches doubled what I would normally see down there. So I guess I can't complain. It definitely seems like everything has been missing to the east recently....

34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I was comparing the GFS to the FV3 when it was running in parallel last winter and it raised quite a few eyebrows with some of the precip outputs and what form they could take.........:(

I paid attention to it as well last winter and it loved to draw up apocalyptic blizzards straight from Jimmy’s novels. 

28 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Coming from Delaware, even last year's 35ish inches doubled what I would normally see down there. So I guess I can't complain. It definitely seems like everything has been missing to the east recently....

It’s been an east and/or north winter lately plus we missed Jan 15 & 16 blizzards by 30 miles maybe which stung...so we’re due, it’s coming. 

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

AO and EPO are favorable for the foreseeable future.  Gefs and Eps also agree so idk why you and others are denying it.

Arctic push, which hopefully brings our first flakes around 11/8 period and then maybe trough bumps W again?    I don't look at every model run like many here but yesterday, I had time to look at a bunch of LR and felt that models were subtly flattening the flow again towards mid-month. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Arctic push, which hopefully brings our first flakes around 11/8 period and then maybe trough bumps W again?    I don't look at every model run like many here but yesterday, I had time to look at a bunch of LR and felt that models were subtly flattening the flow again towards mid-month. 

Despite my horrible model interpretation skills, still looked like lots of Canadian cold lurking, which is always a good sign!

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Despite my horrible model interpretation skills, still looked like lots of Canadian cold lurking, which is always a good sign!

It does look like we start to lose the EPO block toward mid-month and beyond, but we'll have to see as we get closer that it's not breaking down too quickly which happens often. 

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Safe to say Mansfield won’t see 100” by Turkey day This year. I believe the picnic tables did last year   

Last November was literally all-time when you put it all together.  Brutal cold, tons of snow, huge snowpack.

Only November since records began in 1954 with a 40” or higher snow depth.

Not surprising we won’t see that again.  

But yeah skiers on social are acting like last Oct/Nov was normal and should be expected.