Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Here comes winter -- October 28-November 1 Snowstorm Potential

Hoosier

Awesome shots.

I left sled out tonight. Definitely will get a dawn patrol ride in tomorrow. Who knows what November will or won't bring but I will be able to officially say I've ridden in six separate calendar months in 2019, with one more likely to go, without having to haul west or north.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

c65adbe3e0b8559103ff6e04a407040e.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like Peoria smashed a lot of records with this event:

Peoria...3.9" total today breaks daily record of a trace, October
24 -hour record of 3.3" on 10/23/1929, and October monthly total
of 3.3" in 1929.

Plus it looks like the record cold high for the 31st was beaten and the low tonight is forecast to tie the record low for Nov 1.

• Like 2

Ended up right around 1.5" here.  Noticed the same thing some of you mentioned about varying accumulations.  Most of the grass was covered but there were small areas of grass that had nothing, and it wasn't necessarily a tree thing either as some areas under trees were totally covered and other areas had the "tree shadow."  Kind of strange.

Relatively small total compared to areas farther north/west but no complaints.  It ripped hard for a time and provided for a memorable day.  Doubt I will ever witness it snow that hard on Halloween again.

• Like 1

From LOT

• With last winter lingering through April and this early season snow, there was not much time between snowfall events for the off season. In fact the 185 days between accumulating snow events (>= 0.1 in) for Chicago was the 6th shortest stretch of days on record for the city. When looking at between 1"+ events, the 185 days was actually tied for the shortest stretch with 1967.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1