Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Here comes winter -- October 28-November 1 Snowstorm Potential

Hoosier

31 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Could see there being a narrow band of 2-4/3-5 for the late Tuesday night-Wednesday morning round.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Was thinking the same thing.  Nice signal showing up for moderate to at times heavy precip.  Could envision a period of snowfall rates around 1" per hour on the colder surfaces.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

Lake shadow + Heat Island = IDK??

Both valid concerns.  I just find it hard to believe it would go quite as far inland as the 3km NAM.  Now certainly the best accums will be pretty far inland but I have a hard time believing the cutoff between snow/no snow will be that far from the lake in this setup.  I guess we'll see.

00z HRRR coming in better... even tries to toss me a bone. 

HRRRFLT2_prec_ptype_035.png.b7356e4d94bf8c6fd519b82bf9dc574d.png

59 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Both valid concerns.  I just find it hard to believe it would go quite as far inland as the 3km NAM.  Now certainly the best accums will be pretty far inland but I have a hard time believing the cutoff between snow/no snow will be that far from the lake in this setup.  I guess we'll see.

00z HRRR coming in better... even tries to toss me a bone. 

HRRRFLT2_prec_ptype_035.png.b7356e4d94bf8c6fd519b82bf9dc574d.png

Nice to see the 1/2 county NW of mby teasings picking up right where they left off last winter :gun_bandana::arrowhead:

• Haha 1

Yeah that 00Z HRRR run was kinda nuts with a squeaker band that far south late tomorrow night early Wed.  Got a little support from the other convective models.  I get nervous seeing a couple inches of flakes fly even to my NW, this early.  This pattern has been locked in for awhile.  Like Stebo said hope it holds for another 6 weeks anyway, could get an early Dec. ball buster.

Well if nothing else for areas that miss out on the better amounts -- roughly Chicago east -- there should be a period where it looks like winter with some wind blown snow on the back end.  Magnitude of wind will of course depend on how quickly the low deepens.

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Well if nothing else for areas that miss out on the better amounts -- roughly Chicago east -- there should be a period where it looks like winter with some wind blown snow on the back end.  Magnitude of wind will of course depend on how quickly the low deepens.

And that's a pretty nice win given it's so early in the season.  

EDIT:  Forgot to mention earlier, I'll be relocating further south here in about 6 weeks.  About 4 blocks south on the south side of Erie more into the country lol.  Offer on the new house was accepted yesterday. :tomato:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cyclone77 said:

And that's a pretty nice win given it's so early in the season.  

EDIT:  Forgot to mention earlier, I'll be relocating further south here in about 6 weeks.  About 4 blocks south on the south side of Erie more into the country lol.  Offer on the new house was accepted yesterday. :tomato:

4 blocks huh?  Hope precip type won't be more of an issue.  :tomato:

I went to elementary school with a kid who moved across the street.  But hey, gotta do what works I guess.  :lol:

• Like 4

Just now, hawkeye_wx said:

Getting some very robust snowfall here.  A solid bright green band, with a few spots of yellow, is producing a moderate to heavy rate with large flakes.  I'm sure I'm over an inch now.  We have a real shot at 2".

Very nice.  Visibilities AOB a mile extend back towards Grinnell and Pella, so you should have nice snow for a decent while longer.  

Have a 50/50 mix of rain/snow here now.  Large solitary flakes raining down with the rain.  Temp has dropped from 39 to 35 in the past half hour.

19 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah it's pretty cool how it can be like this, or have near 80 degree warmth.  Halloween is one of the biggest crap shoots there are in regards to weather compared to most holidays.

Screw the 80 degrees.  I'm just flipping out we're actually having a fall season this year, lovin every minute of it. lol.