• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    HunterMT
    Newest Member
    HunterMT

Winter 2019-20 Medium/Long Range Discussion

7 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Midweek looking good for a 1-2" refresher.

That clipper keeps showing up. Nothing scientific, but I'm smelling over-performer just for the fluff factor if nothing else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IWXwx said:

That clipper keeps showing up. Nothing scientific, but I'm smelling over-performer just for the fluff factor if nothing else.

My big sugar maples just dropped 5 inches of leaves the last 2 days if I slant stick it.  If the NAM verifies in the short term and then a refresh midweek it'll look like a foot lol. Btw, is depth to measured off the dirt or whatever is above the dirt.  If it's above I'll stop mowing the end of August so I can feel good about a 2 inch misery snow :guitar:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

My big sugar maples just dropped 5 inches of leaves the last 2 days if I slant stick it.  If the NAM verifies in the short term and then a refresh midweek it'll look like a foot lol. Btw, is depth to measured off the dirt or whatever is above the dirt.  If it's above I'll stop mowing the end of August so I can feel good about a 2 inch misery snow :guitar:

You're gonna get owned this winter..

20191107 WxDecoded Winter Outlook.PNG

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

You're gonna get owned this winter..

20191107 WxDecoded Winter Outlook.PNG

Thanks for the jinx. I'll buy some coconut oil and keep a couple pairs of shorts out for a Xmas cookout now lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Thanks for the jinx. I'll buy some coconut oil and keep a couple pairs of shorts out for a Xmas cookout now lol.

:grinch: To wear while arm wrestling A-L-E-K for the primary storm track? Could both end up winners. '78 is Chicago's #2 all-time snowiest after all, barely beaten by '79

10 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

Getting to 10 before tday would be such a change of pace from all the recent slow starts here lakeside 

Scored 15.2" here last November for 3rd all-time. Battle Creek just half a county west hit 24+ for #1 (records to 1895). This could go down as 2nd snowy November here after a long stretch without much of anything. 

So we're going to pull back into something resembling a more normal fall pattern, and it would be pretty bizarre not to since winter doesn't really lock in this early outside of the northern tier.  Question is for how long.

Downstream will be a mess on the models due to the displacement as the pv retreats into Asia. The PAC Jet will be whipping. Amazing how the pattern is acting like a strong el nino has developed this fall. That is exactly the way the pattern is acting.