• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2019-20 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Hoosier

MIke Ryan at IND is singing a happy tune in his long range discussion this afternoon, beginning with the already infamous Feb. 27th rainer. 

I'm in the camp of I'll believe it when I see it.

THIS SYSTEM WILL USHER IN A RETURN TO A MORE ACTIVE WEATHER PATTERN FOR THE LAST WEEK OF FEBRUARY AND INTO 
EARLY MARCH WITH CONTINUED HINTS IN THE 7-14 DAY PERIOD OF ONE OR TWO HIGHER IMPACT SYSTEMS POISED TO 
AFFECT THE OHIO VALLEY AND LOWER GREAT LAKES.
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

Lol.  They need to just cut their losses and decommission the current version of the GFS, and put the old version back in use.  Time to go back to the drawing board boys.

bdf.jpg
post a photo online

Amts.are absurd but likely to see more accumulating snow for that corridor. North central Wi. from Madison up to Wausau, Green Bay, Rhinelander all above average snow wise.  Here a couple rainers to end February then maybe a few slider/coastals for early March. Only 7 more weeks to mid late April and spring. Until then enjoy Thanksgiving weather but with more daylight.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Baum said:

it's the one that  will bomb at the end of the month and  tank /spike all the relevant endices for winter weather in March...killing an early spring and severe season.:gun_bandana:

I don't think it's going to kill an early spring based on the fact this has been a muted winter overall, but I hope it does diminish severe season.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wegoweather said:

I don't think it's going to kill an early spring based on the fact this has been a muted winter overall, but I hope it does diminish severe season.

lot of what I'm reading basically has march endices headed towards what we wanted in January. That said, that has normally not played out this winter.  But now that were headed towards spring....................

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baum said:

lot of what I'm reading basically has march endices headed towards what we wanted in January. That said, that has normally not played out this winter.  But now that were headed towards spring....................

True.  In relation to the overall winter it may not be much better, but in relation to typical March.....

As someone who runs a spring youth sports organization and is hoping for outside field availability.....

Just now, wegoweather said:

True.  In relation to the overall winter it may not be much better, but in relation to typical March.....

As someone who runs a spring youth sports organization and is hoping for outside field availability.....

Coldest I've ever been was spring baseball and spring track as a spectator. :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, Baum said:

Coldest I've ever been was spring baseball and spring track as a spectator. :lol:

We are a lacrosse program.  We've played in snow, sleet, 34 degree rain, 90 degree sun, and everything in between.  We also do summer lacrosse and have had 100+ degree days.

I have everything from snow shovels and boots to a portable misting system at the ready.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

The ensembles do have a coolish look from about next Thursday right on through the end of their runs. But checking forecast temps a month out? :yikes:

I shouldnt really put much confidence into temps beyond 10 days. I guess im just ready for spring and hoping to see any signs of warmth on the horizon. It's depressing seeing high temps below freezing in early March. I guess at some point the longer days and higher sun angle have to make some kind of impact. Maybe by May we will hit 60.

12 hours ago, Cary67 said:

Amts.are absurd but likely to see more accumulating snow for that corridor. North central Wi. from Madison up to Wausau, Green Bay, Rhinelander all above average snow wise.  Here a couple rainers to end February then maybe a few slider/coastals for early March. Only 7 more weeks to mid late April and spring. Until then enjoy Thanksgiving weather but with more daylight.

We are about 20" above our current average so far for the year in GB. Wish we could have had more cold and you folks to the south could have cashed in on more snow events. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WI_SNOWSTORM said:

We are about 20" above our current average so far for the year in GB. Wish we could have had more cold and you folks to the south could have cashed in on more snow events. 

That's interesting that just across the big lake we are all running below normal on snowfall ytd, imby i'm about 20" below ytd. LES has been very anemic this year, majority of our snow has been synoptic driven or Lake Enhanced not true LES. I would say that in a normal year about 60" is synoptic while the remainder 100" or so I get i s primarily driven from the Lake Mich / Superior. 

With that being said i'm well over a 100" ytd so that is all relative. 

• Thanks 1