Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2019-20 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Hoosier

9 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Or get really cold and warm up just in time for rain, rinse and repeat.  :devilsmiley:

I thought of that too....    We are above average on temps for the last couple of months of garbage and we heard the argument that just because temps end up above normal that doesn't necessarily correlate to less snow.      Well, we saw how that worked...it only works for the nw part of the sub.   So I'm ready to roll the dice on a below normal month of temps and see how that works out snow-wise.   Either that or bring on a torch, but that hasn't really happened either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

It's still showing up, eh?  I continue to think that somehow, the Midwest will reel this in.

I sure hope not. Driving to SW OH (Dayton) and back for a family event late next week (Thursday-Saturday). As of yesterday GFS and Euro both painted upper 30s-low 40s and negligible precipitation.

7 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

When GRR is optimistic times are tough :unsure: 

Meh, it's been eventful here in the Great Lakes, that's not been an issue. Neither is season snowfall to date.  The issue is having Winter sustain itself from more than one week at a time.

I see no reason however why the active pattern will not continue, when you see all the noise in the in ensemble precip means in the Ohio Valley and Great Lakes, that tells me it likely will remain active. And you can count on some of us getting more snow. The million dollar question is will we get a stretch of cold and systems that are all snow? 

• Like 1