Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid October 2019 Bombogensis Coastal

Ginx snewx

33 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Yeah besides that big tree down on 140 it was just a bunch of small stuff.  Even less so in the 'burg

It’s just so random. A ton of people I know have trees and stuff down. Big trees.  But I saw nada.  Just drove back from Hardwick.  Just leaves and twigs.  But saw parts that had no power. 

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, for MBY, agreed....45mph gusts and 2"+ of rain is a pretty common occurrence.

It wasn’t anything all to impressive over here either...pretty much what you guys had happened here too. A couple inches of rain and a few gusts to 40-45 or so. Forgettable for sure. 

Good for those that got to experience a good storm, that’s always exciting.  

35 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Excellent job sniffing out those details, and not only highlighting them but pretty much nailing down what may transpire.

You're the kind when it comes to gravity waves/meso lows 

Thanks Wiz,Just another weenie who loves the tech details of the weather.  The meteotsunami stuff really interests me too. Lets hope we dont have a major slow moving coastal the week of the 29th, tides are huge and the current is super strong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thanks Wiz,Just another weenie who loves the tech details of the weather.  The meteotsunami stuff really interests me too. Lets hope we dont have a major slow moving coastal the week of the 29th, tides are huge and the current is super strong.

Also was supposed to say king not kind :lol: 

But yeah...the period is highly intriguing and there is some historical correlation with that date (very similar to the period centered around 05/31 with siggy severe in the Northeast). There has been some pretty decent consistency in the PNA becoming more positive while the NAO becomes a bit more negative..good signal for something.

We'll see if it leads to a prolonged pattern change too...not so sure its very prolonged but way too early and too much uncertainty to speculate on that.  

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You can clearly make out the meso sw of ACK that blew up and did so much damage from Cape Cod to Maine. 

3 mesos, first one caused considerable damage in SWCT and Springfield area to VT  2nd SW RI SE Ct to NECT to west of ORH. 3rd the strongest hit from Cape Cod to Maine. I annoted the circulations 

20191018_083420.jpg

20191018_083520.jpg

Heh... it depends on what scale and persnickety focus one wants to beady-eyed obsess over with an electron tunneling microscope because every f'ing low there ever was on the surface of the planet has at some point along the Norwegian model cycling ... ephemerally supported some for or another of a meso-micro to meso or meso-beta scaled secondary or tertiary tendency to spin independently... 

That's not the same thing compared to what I saw in the models, with tropical f'um cyclones in orbit around that thing.  Let's be fair... some people want some people to be wrong more so than they really care about the science of the thing. 

But...such is life and times in the shenanigans of the razor sharp cutting intellectual and objectively fair analysis of the social-mediasphere so what does one expect - 

• Thanks 1

Can't wait 'till the after glow of this thing wears off and this thread unpins and fades  - don't you ever just get tired of a storm? 

I have to admit, sometimes I encounter this phenomenon ( personally ) even before the first flakes start falling...when from inception and conceptualization in the tele's, to materialization throughout the modeling and internet fights that may very well precipitate out of that with greater QPF than the storm actually even goes on to do itself, ...to finally having whatever it turns out actually take place ... By the time we get there, the whole of thing may be as much as two weeks in some cases - particularly in some rare times when the over-arcing physical prominence is so foreboding in the atmosphere, ...the attributes are picked up exceptionally early. I'm just done after two weeks haha. 

Like, sometimes truth be told ..I'm off to looking at the models three days before the storm, ...for something...anything afterward other than the f'ing storm at hand because it's become so ad nauseam.  This thing started entering that phase of 'jesus - enough is enough already' about three two days ago

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Indoor temp was 61 when I left this morning. I’m hoping some sun breaks out to warm the house a few degrees because we’ll lose several tonight. 

Get a generator,  if this happened in winter it would be a major issue. Since Irene I have now lost power 14 times varying from 8 hrs to 6 days. Power just came on here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Can't wait 'till the after glow of this thing wears off and this thread unpins and fades  - don't you ever just get tired of a storm? 

I have to admit, sometimes I encounter this phenomenon ( personally ) even before the first flakes start falling...when from inception to materialization throughout the modeling ...to finally having it take place ... which can on whole be as much as two weeks in some cases when the over-arcing physical prominence is so foreboding in the atmosphere, ...the attributes are picked up exceptionally early, I'm just done haha. 

Like, sometimes truth be told ..I'm off looking at the models three days before the storm, ...for something...anything other than the f'ing storm ad nauseam.  

Why even bother clicking on the thread. Interesting to read this thread from after my first post on how dismissive people are at consistent model outputs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh... it depends on what scale and persnickety focus one wants to beady-eyed obsess over with an electron tunneling microscope because every f'ing low there ever was on the surface of the planet has at some point along the Norwegian model cycling ... ephemerally supported some for or another of a meso-micro to meso or meso-beta scaled secondary or tertiary tendency to spin independently... 

That's not the same thing compared to what I saw in the models, with tropical f'um cyclones in orbit around that thing.  Let's be fair... some people want some people to be wrong more so than they really care about the science of the thing. 

But...such is life and times in the shenanigans of the razor sharp cutting intellectually objectively fair analysis of the social-mediasphere so what does one expect - 

Lol you had this thing flying to Nova Scotia in 18 hrs.