• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid October 2019 Bombogensis Coastal

Ginx snewx

I was impressed closer to the coast near work, in the Malden, Melrose area...pretty widespread tree damage. Up my way here in Methuen, it was about as expected. Without looking at any modeling bc I wasn't very interested, I expected this to underperform like most wind events, but this one did not. 

• Sad 1

I'm fed up with NGRID ... they got this region of society by the ballz and know it, and act like it... The instant you are 30 seconds late on a bill their harangue kicks in like your dollars keeps the gears of society lit up ... with dire warnings of service interruption... but if you over pay you don't hear a goddamn thing.   A petty greed tact that I might be willing to overlook if they wouldn't randomly turn off the power and/or just fail to maintain the grid in general so often.   It's complete monopolistic lording and squeezing pennies and they don't do shit but distribute - badly at that.

Government?  Ps fk man...they're complicit probably..

Anyway, I found this and thought some might find it interesting..  This was the GFS ensembles from - I think - 12z four days ago... I had cut this out for this thread so it's probably in here many pages ago anyway, but I thought was cool to see how far E the mean was ...some 500 km of where it ended up or more. I recall this was the closest pass the mean made at the time/run too.  So probably comparable to time interval this error even ballooned some..

Let's try and keep this in mind when a blizzard bomb is scheduled to just miss a month from now ;)

image.png.87bad347df093caa957e9c6e2f3a9b78.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm fed up with NGRID ... they got this region of society by the ballz and know it, and act like it... The instant you are 30 seconds late on a bill their harangue kicks in like your dollars keeps the gears of society lit up ... with dire warnings of service interruption... but if you over pay you don't hear a goddamn thing.   A petty greed tact that I might be willing to overlook if they wouldn't randomly turn off the power and/or just fail to maintain the grid in general so often.   It's complete monopolistic lording and squeezing pennies and they don't do shit but distribute - badly at that.

Government?  Ps fk man...they're complicit probably..

Anyway, I found this and thought some might find it interesting..  This was the GFS ensembles from - I think - 12z four days ago... I had cut this out for this thread so it's probably in here many pages ago anyway, but I thought was cool to see how far E the mean was ...some 500 km of where it ended up or more. I recall this was the closest pass the mean made at the time/run too.  So probably comparable to time interval this error even ballooned some..

Let's try and keep this in mind when a blizzard bomb is scheduled to just miss a month from now ;)

image.png.87bad347df093caa957e9c6e2f3a9b78.png

Here’s a toast to more tucky tucky tracks this cold season 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Still amazed by the SSE-NNW swath of winds basically east of rt 24 to BOS and east of 93 into Essex county. Freaking guidance nailed that. Looks like Danvers had 70-80mph winds too. 

Yea, Melrose and Malden got smoked.....facility I supervise is in Malden. Trees down everywhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No power but we Genny and toasty.. Chatting up with friends , damage like Scott said was in SE to NW paths, some were skipped like Grandpa Bob. .

So weird that many in my hood had trees and power lines down but in my travels through Hubbardston Gardner Westminster Barre Hardwick Princeton Fitchburg and Leominster today I saw nothing.  
Lots of micro vortices maybe?  

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No power but we Genny and toasty.. Chatting up with friends , damage like Scott said was in SE to NW paths, some were skipped like Grandpa Bob. .

Damage in town shows we gusted 55-58 . Neighbor had a tree land on his sunroom . What was really cool was the lower elevation towns directly west and Sw of the hills like Vernon, South Windsor , Bolton ,Ellington had even more damage. It was a smaller scale of what VT gets on the downslope. The winds increased as they headed towards the valley and gusted 60+.  Then weakened in the actual valley. Very little damage from BDL to HFD. Really cool mesoscale stuff.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I kid but am bummed that I slept through it all.  My wife was pretty stressed about it at 2:30AM.  She said it was pretty intense.  
I saw that thing about the tsunami.  Neat feature

I tweeted Ryan 2 days ago and asked him if he saw the same potential I saw. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Damage in town shows we gusted 55-58 . What was really cool was the lower elevation towns directly west and Sw of the hills like Vernon, South Windsor , Bolton ,Ellington had even more damage. It was a smaller scale of what VT gets on the downslope. The winds increased as they headed towards the valley and gusted 60+.  Then weakened in the actual valley. Very little damage from BDL to HFD. Really cool mesoscale stuff.

Definitely, here the hills up the street got really hit, our valley not so much.

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You weren’t about, you did, it was at the same time I read your post I heard the first roar and thought man he doesn’t know what’s coming

I expected more to mix at that point as 65kts was over my fanny. It took that sling shot meso to pull the trigger. Otherwise, it would have been just 40-50 stuff.

59 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I kid but am bummed that I slept through it all.  My wife was pretty stressed about it at 2:30AM.  She said it was pretty intense.  
I saw that thing about the tsunami.  Neat feature

Yeah besides that big tree down on 140 it was just a bunch of small stuff.  Even less so in the 'burg

On 10/14/2019 at 11:01 AM, Ginx snewx said:

Yall remember Oct17 with that meso cyclone doing all the damage. If , big if , the Euro materialized then SE SNE will have issues.  Gravity waves were a major issue. No way to know what will happen until we get within 18 hrs but I would pay attention. One thing that is sure to happen.  Ray will call it forgettable. Lol

One bad forecast in here. Ray was actually impressed.