Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid October 2019 Bombogensis Coastal

Ginx snewx

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

26 pages deep, if this were mid winter almost no one would give a hoot. I think we (most of us) are bored and waiting for winter, i know i am.

To be fair a 975mb low doesn’t cut inland across the state often in winter either. Lack of mixing is inhibiting this from being a more significant event. 

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Looks like the low may cut right up through CT...going to be tough to get winds like that with the low tracking over our fannies. The core of the LLJ is going east of us. Wait until the winds switch NW...then we'll crank. 

This.  

The winds will more than likely disappoint in inland areas...but you know Kev, he’ll try his best to fool himself to the end.  Hope he is right, but thinking it isn’t much here in the wind dept that is out of the ordinary.  Gusts in the 40’s isn’t all that big of a deal for us imo.  

Coastal areas are a whole different story. 

18 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Looks like the low may cut right up through CT...going to be tough to get winds like that with the low tracking over our fannies. The core of the LLJ is going east of us. Wait until the winds switch NW...then we'll crank. 

Typically that’s where the strongest sting jet sets up. Directly behind and under the belly of the low. See Cape storm Dec storm years back 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This.  

The winds will more than likely disappoint in inland areas...but you know Kev, he’ll try his best to fool himself to the end.  Hope he is right, but thinking it isn’t much here in the wind dept that is out of the ordinary.  Gusts in the 40’s isn’t all that big of a deal for us imo.  

Coastal areas are a whole different story. 

Agreed 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Typically that’s where the strongest sting jet sets up. Directly behind and under the belly of the low. See Cape storm Dec storm years back 

I don't see any sting jet. 

Also, that dry slot is really starting to become defined and seems to be accelerating. Probably only 3-4 hours of heavy rain left 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't see any sting jet. 

Also, that dry slot is really starting to become defined and seems to be accelerating. Probably only 3-4 hours of heavy rain left 

You’ve got to know this. Right ahead of the dry slot is where some of the strongest winds always are found. You’ve got to know that 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You’ve got to know this. Right ahead of the dry slot is where some of the strongest winds always are found. You’ve got to know that 

That doesn't always happen...there is much more involved in that process. 

What will happen once the dry slot arrives is the llvl lapse rates are going to steepen...at this time and juncture the sfc low will be passing to our north and a bit east...once the flow becomes more northwest and we are in the core of the pressure gradient that is when we are going to get our winds...not with convection, not with a sting jet, but CAA. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You guys gotta be kidding or drinking heavily 

Well I guess we’ll see.  But Notice the wording he uses though..  ”Watch for tonight” , which leads me to believe that there’s a good possibility that it doesn’t materialize.  Or may not materialize In this/your area.