Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid October 2019 Bombogensis Coastal

Ginx snewx

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Wow that's pretty impressive. They're going to rip like crazy for a brief time should this verify...thankfully it should be brief otherwise power issues would be pretty significant. Heck...even brief duration of these winds would do a number 

We'll gust 35-45 mph easily with the backside winds but I don't think we see those associated with the rain or convection 

The 11-4:00 am window we rip 40-50+ ers 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Which is within the window when our winds switch to more NW and we start getting winds from the backside. 

First it’s out of E/ SE ahead of low as it gets close/ then it’s the sting jet out of SW: then it’s NW till about noon when it starts to taper down tomorrow afternoon. It will come in 3 pulses 

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Where was the 60 gust in NJ? Wasn’t it along the coast? Looks like some 60+ knot pixels passed through the circled area 

8BE13A0C-AD24-4D15-A6B3-B7196E7F8766.png

Highest I see on mesowest is 43 at Atlantic City.  Looking good on the IR floater now. 

https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=KACY&unit=0&timetype=LOCAL

edit: down to 992mb there as well. Starting to bomb.

9F5F70B3-8796-449A-B693-12BAB31C779E.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m shocked your’re doing this. You never do 

I just think it’s run of the mill for you. Sure, you’ll get some 40-45mph gusts that’ll take down a rotted, gypsy-ravaged oak branch, but I don’t think it’s anything exotic for most of the interior. The easterly flow downslope areas from AQW/DDH northward will roar for a bit. But I think this is LI/GON/BID into E MA and then E NH/S ME for the more anomalous wind. Of course I wish you all the best and may all of your oak trees uproot.

• Like 2

Just now, KoalaBeer said:

Highest I see on mesowest is 43 at Atlantic City.  Looking good on the IR floater now. 

https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=KACY&unit=0&timetype=LOCAL

9F5F70B3-8796-449A-B693-12BAB31C779E.gif

Cape will get rocked. James will have a new book title, "Awoken Before Dawn" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I just think it’s run of the mill for you. Sure, you’ll get some 40-45mph gusts that’ll take down a rotted, gypsy-ravaged oak branch, but I don’t think it’s anything exotic for most of the interior. The easterly flow downslope areas from AQW/DDH northward will roar for a bit. But I think this is LI/GON/BID into E MA and then E NH/S ME for the more anomalous wind. Of course I wish you all the best and may all of your oak trees uproot.

Well I never said anything much different. . In fact I posted 45-50 much earlier today . I think strongest winds here are with the stinger. That’s when we’ll gust to 50 or a bit higher . There’s a couple things favoring more issues.. 1) leaves on most trees and 2) strong winds out of SE and then SW. Trees not used to that as usually those gusts are out the NW. Best winds will be CC to Scooter to E Maine.  I’m not sure how that’s hype 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well I never said anything much different. . In fact I posted 45-50 much earlier today . I think strongest winds here are with the stinger. That’s when we’ll gust to 50 or a bit higher . There’s a couple things favoring more issues.. 1) leaves on most trees and 2) strong winds out of SE and then SW. Trees not used to that as usually those gusts are out the NW. Best winds will be CC to Scooter to E Maine.  I’m not sure how that’s hype 

Looks like the low may cut right up through CT...going to be tough to get winds like that with the low tracking over our fannies. The core of the LLJ is going east of us. Wait until the winds switch NW...then we'll crank. 

• Like 1