Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid October 2019 Bombogensis Coastal

Ginx snewx

24 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

If I'm a Pilgrim and I get off the Mayflower and build my thatch hut and then this shit happens, it is beyond me why they didn't just pack up the boat and head back to England...

Actually 2 ships left from England, the Mayflower and the Speedwell. The Speedwell had to be repaired for leaks on the way from The Netherlands.  On the way to America the Speedwell had to pull into port once again to repair the ship for leaks. Concern mounted that the Speedwell wasn't going to be fit for the journey so a decision was made to leave the Speedwell behind and to have the Mayflower be the only ship to make the trip.  And that meant some people decided to return to the Netherlands rather than set sail on an over crowded Mayflower. 

Considering how long the passengers had lived on the ship for prior to the departure from England and then the subsequent trip, and then exploring the area off of the Cape and NY the last thing anyone wanted to do was get back on the Mayflower. And a return to England would have also meant a return trip to The Netherlands for many of the passengers. 

34 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

back home now, flight was not that bad had its moments.

latest HRRR has 50-60mph gusts in my hood.. but I will take the under ... still should be pretty windy, power outages are likely in usual areas.

Yeah, it's time to pull the plug for us. I am guessing 35mph front end, 40-45 caa. Maybe a few dead branches fall, a little flooding.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

Yeah, it's time to pull the plug for us. I am guessing 35mph front end, 40-45 caa. Maybe a few dead branches fall, a little flooding.

You're right, it's over.  Everyone can stop posting about the storm.   Perhaps you can start a new thread for the next topic of discussion????? Most of us will be on the edge of our seats waiting for the topic. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I'm still excited about it.. my hood rarely sees the winds materialized as adveritized, probably local climo.. but I'm sure I will sniff some 50mph gusts to make the house shake a bit.

10 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I'm still excited about it.. my hood rarely sees the winds materialized as adveritized, probably local climo.. but I'm sure I will sniff some 50mph gusts to make the house shake a bit.

You are taking the over on winds, then. BOX with a measly wind advisory, P&C has ~40mph winds max. The discussion is pretty meh, also. 50mph would be pretty impressive...at least I think so.

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOAH!@!!!!!!!!

image.png.ccd49a1c369f5b9b66c4cf7c4f8a4d53.png

...Southern New England...
   By late afternoon, the cold front will surge off the Mid Atlantic
   coast and begin affecting New England. Rapid cyclogenesis will be
   occurring off the NJ/Long Island coast during the evening, resulting
   in very strong low-level warm advection and impressive vertical
   shear profiles.  Several 12z CAM solutions indicate some convective
   organization over parts of Long Island, CT, RI, and southeast MA. 
   Forecast soundings suggest a window of opportunity for surface-based
   convection and perhaps a damaging wind gust or brief tornado in the

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

...Southern New England...
   By late afternoon, the cold front will surge off the Mid Atlantic
   coast and begin affecting New England. Rapid cyclogenesis will be
   occurring off the NJ/Long Island coast during the evening, resulting
   in very strong low-level warm advection and impressive vertical
   shear profiles.  Several 12z CAM solutions indicate some convective
   organization over parts of Long Island, CT, RI, and southeast MA. 
   Forecast soundings suggest a window of opportunity for surface-based
   convection and perhaps a damaging wind gust or brief tornado in the

Really bad time for KBOX to be down...  Maybe they can borrow the NBC-10 radar truck and park it near the canal?

25 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

You're right, it's over.  Everyone can stop posting about the storm.   Perhaps you can start a new thread for the next topic of discussion????? Most of us will be on the edge of our seats waiting for the topic. 

Ya he’s becoming more annoying by the minute...constant sarcasm and silly posts.  Just what we needed.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya he’s becoming more annoying by the minute...constant sarcasm and silly posts.  Just what we needed.   

More annoying is not possible. It was like that from the get go after sn change. Like he just magically changed his online identity and with that, came an abundant amount of nonsense and trash trolling. Surprised he’s allowed to hang around as long as he has. Ignore button is your best friend.

I still think this isn’t a big deal west of river in CT but we’ll see if a cell can drop the winds down to the surface and cause some weenies to bust on themselves before bedtime. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

More annoying is not possible. It was like that from the get go after sn change. Like he just magically changed his online identity and with that, came an abundant amount of nonsense and trash trolling. Surprised he’s allowed to hang around as long as he has. Ignore button is your best friend.

I still think this isn’t a big deal west of river in CT but we’ll see if a cell can drop the winds down to the surface and cause some weenies to bust on themselves before bedtime. 

I'd probably be more worried about water there. Although 40mph+ gusts after 2-4" of rain could soften things up as well.