• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid October 2019 Bombogensis Coastal

Ginx snewx

This may calve off a chunk of my street cred for advancing this, but that ICON solution looks the best to me right now for just the general overview.  

I mean.. if not including the tedious, electron tunneling microscopy for the purpose of 'carpet surfing' crack nuggets of excitement that we do with these wind-product this and QPF special studies that.. Just the general. The surface pressure and QPF layouts, when looking at the 500H evolution and balancing in the conceptual layout of the general mass-fields involved, appear on point. 

The secondary detonation/zygote takes place  between 18 and 00z over NE VA and then gets sucked up the coastal Plain, then ends up passing over western LI into CT is highly acceptable to me with almost no boundary layer resistance to "tilt" the vortex - I mentioned this earlier about the low moving quicker than normal toward Q-G forcing collocation.  I also like the model not falling for the tempting convection potential arcing seaward over the Gulf Stream that the NAM and even the Euro has been fiddling around with using to the change the orbit of Jupiter.  It has a triple point - sort of - reflection out there as this thing is cutting toward NH and that's probably closer to reality in my mind.  

You know... there's an upshot here. This is a great preseason game for ginning up and dusting off the assessment/diagnostic acumen for later on.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

Been reading most of the posts here. Has anything changed? Seems most folks were saying no big deal or going east.. meh etc. Flying back from Atlanta this morning.. captain said lots of turbulence off the east coast and will need to fly at lower alt. So should I bring my lawn chairs in?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well if the lawn chairs are out on the wings of the plane ………I'm surprised the pilot hasn't noticed the lawn chairs...…..

• Haha 1

Not your typical looking dual jet structure, but we're tilting negative. While approaching peak maturity the best divergent region does appear to collocate over the mesolow moving into SE MA. I don't look at H25 and think near record low pressures though with 100-120kt streaks, but I won't pretend to be able to do all of the calculus in my head better than the models. It does make me think we need a potent mesolow to make this go nuclear though. As has been stated ad nauseam, the models have been fairly consistent with some semblance of that feature. It'll be fun to watch it play out. Too bad BOX is shutting down the radar to replace a few USB cables.

NAMUS_250_spd_018.png

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

still not a fan of low level lapse rates away from the beaches. prayers for the pitch pines

Yeah...I'm still on the E MA/E NH/S ME train and the CAA will probably be the usual windy conditions. The exotic stuff will be east of the low.

We do raise the low level lapse rates a bit as that TROWAL and LLJ get pulled into S NH. Get a little g-wave action and some +RA and maybe we can mix something decent down after midnight.

NAMNE_con_lapse81_018.png

That's around the time the Nammy starts getting wild (for our standards) up here.

NAMNSTNE_sfc_gust_021.png

41 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Well if the lawn chairs are out on the wings of the plane ………I'm surprised the pilot hasn't noticed the lawn chairs...…..

back home now, flight was not that bad had its moments.

latest HRRR has 50-60mph gusts in my hood.. but I will take the under ... still should be pretty windy, power outages are likely in usual areas.