Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid October 2019 Bombogensis Coastal

Ginx snewx

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I'm guessing that with less emphasis on the * meso lows, as time goes on, the modeled intensity and track should be weaker/west? I didn't see in-between hours on the Euro. The Ukie was relatively hi-hum with intensity and would seem to dry slots eastern, and maybe central SNE.

Weaker east would be more inline, I always associate a stronger low being west.

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Random thought, but funny you say that—I didn’t think of it until this very moment but I do the same as well, except for anything tropical. More east/poleward for stronger tropical lows and more west for weaker tropical lows. Obviously the drivers are different for tropical compared to a baroclinic low. 

Seeing we in NNE i don't give tropical lows much thought on its path as its usually east...................:lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There is actually 3 lows a 988 up the Hudson to a 982 over me to a meso 969 tropical low over the Atlantic . Its actually a less wind threat to you.

ecmwf_1h_gust_neng_39.png

ecmwf_1h_gust_neng_41.png

ecmwf_1h_gust_neng_42.png

Man look at those ESE downslope winds on the west slope of the Greens.  

Those are usually legit.  Out of all of the posters here, @backedgeapproaching to DDH might stand the best chance of high winds due to the downslope gusts. The mountains make it so you don’t have to worry about track or inversions...those strong winds love lee side mixing.

Just now, dryslot said:

I think as the convection sorts itself out, This gets consolidated into one at some point, Lot of spurious convection rotating around.

It has  happened many times before though. This is not a winter storm. Hard to blow out a barometer that quickly without a wind response. That often results in these mesos embedded in the inflow jet.