• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Mid October 2019 Bombogensis Coastal

Ginx snewx

Just so we're semantically clear... by "pedestrian,"  we ( or I, anyway) am not intending the violate the sanctity of the parade goers in here, and/or NARCAN anyone's weird joy-circuitry they get out of the modeled specter of a storm.  For our location area, compared to anywhere else - save NS ..NF, some parts of NW Europe and the Berring archipelago - pedestrian is nasty by any other standards. 

Pedestrian for us is just not historic.   Think of a blustered intersection where rain-coat clad people are fighting a bit with umbrellas trying to turn inside out, but the commute is still doable. That's what I envision as an average/pedestrian system for our region of the world. 

That said, I take it the 18z NAM shaves some potency off the drug without even looking. Because the sudden dearth of discussion is usually telling - ha. There should be an internet law, that anyone histrionically involved  with inflating the significance of something, has to keep posting with substantive analysis when said something is less or else they lose access. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I kind of like this NAM solution better - ... It still has the silliness with the CF low foisting up the eastern limb of the total circulation, but at least it isn't using that as the dominant focal point when all the U/A forcing is back west...  It's a better solution at least, tho perhaps not there. 

Actually after closer inspecting it looks like it's wrong in a textured way ... giving the illusion of being better because of offsetting errors. Ha.

I mean it's still trundling around with which faux center to hone. Its creating convectively induced meso-beta-scaled circulations, and then wave-interfering them with one another, such that the total stays a little weaker...  when they may not even exist in reality. 

and what are we/I doing anyway .. The NAM beyond 30 hours ?  we never should have ventured into any discussion and I'm a sucker-

I even think the H5 height anomaly charts in this case are a bit overblown. The trough is certainly potent and of course will be associated with extremely below-average heights, but they’re being enhanced by this “phasing” of this s/w energy was seems convectively-feedback induced. So of course models are going wild with SLP deepening. 

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

12Z and 18Z GFS  qpf totals.  Does this make sense?   A sub 980mb low producing less than .50" of precip over a fairly large area?   

gfs-massachusetts-total_precip_inch-1616000.jpg

I think it’s b/c in how the storm strengthens. It strengthens rapidly as its passing to the east of SNE. Plus I also think this is moving very progressive and that’s going to cut down totals 

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think it’s b/c in how the storm strengthens. It strengthens rapidly as its passing to the east of SNE. Plus I also think this is moving very progressive and that’s going to cut down totals 

There’s some real strong mid-level forcing well west on a lot of these runs, then it occludes and seems to lose its juice. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

There’s some real strong mid-level forcing well west on a lot of these runs, then it occludes and seems to lose its juice. 

I think there will be a real good slug of precip but not sure how widespread it will be. I do think this thing could lose its juice quick and things shut down...you can kinda see all models show that. 

This is kinda hard to totally decipher though I think. I’m still highly skeptical of the whole phasing thing and exactly what happens when that phasing takes place. I know we’re inside a favorable window and the support seems to be there, but phasing is a very fickle thing. 

I forgot who it was who mentioned this, but they mentioned about not having some sort of low in the southeast already. The ideas of these s/w is stemming on the idea of convection forming in the southeast tomorrow...and the NAM goes s/w happy and then goes bonkers with one of the pieces