Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall 2019 Preseason Digital Snow Thread

George BM

1 minute ago, mappy said:

YES FINALLY! 

Definitely the most unforgettable storm for me. It happened to occur on the day of my Bar Mitzvah and we always joked that it was a sign that meteorology was my destiny. I was probably the only kid not upset his party got canceled because he was so excited about the 18 inches of snow that day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Winter Wizard said:

Definitely the most unforgettable storm for me. It happened to occur on the day of my Bar Mitzvah and we always joked that it was a sign that meteorology was my destiny. I was probably the only kid not upset his party got canceled because he was so excited about the 18 inches of snow that day.

Mazel Tov!

I got married that day :D 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

It's definitely the storm that made me a winter weather weenie. Vivid memories of the Local on the 8s, a week (ok maybe less) off of school before Christmas, watching the snow spread over the area on the crappy weather channel radar... classic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

It's definitely the storm that made me a winter weather weenie. Vivid memories of the Local on the 8s, a week (ok maybe less) off of school before Christmas, watching the snow spread over the area on the crappy weather channel radar... classic.

same here!! It was my senior year of high school. I'd always been a snow weenie, like keeping a snowfall journal at the age of 10 level of weenie, but that one sticks out and got me into the actual science. Great memories. I had to go knock snow off the lower limbs of a massive loblolly in my neighbors yard so they wouldn't snap off. My parents also had my brother and I shovel the driveway at the "halfway" point sometime in the middle of the night. Enjoyed every minute of that storm.

I remember 02-03 well but was too young to really get into this stuff. We did build an igloo that year though :lol:

6 hours ago, Winter Wizard said:

I remember the week and days leading up to that storm... I was supposed to be working and I pretty much kept toggling back and forth between the model pages, the Eastern forum, and something called work lol.  Luckily most of the staff knew I was deep into being a weather nerd already and would ask things like how much snow was coming, when would it start, etc.  My favorite memory of work that week was our IT director sending me a message when I was looking at the models saying, "Matt, the models will be there in an hour, your work, however, will still be there as well."

It was hard to do work that week with the models showing run after run of heavy heavy snow for us

7 hours ago, yoda said:

I remember the week and days leading up to that storm... I was supposed to be working and I pretty much kept toggling back and forth between the model pages, the Eastern forum, and something called work lol.  Luckily most of the staff knew I was deep into being a weather nerd already and would ask things like how much snow was coming, when would it start, etc.  My favorite memory of work that week was our IT director sending me a message when I was looking at the models saying, "Matt, the models will be there in an hour, your work, however, will still be there as well."

It was hard to do work that week with the models showing run after run of heavy heavy snow for us

So which won out. Work? Or snow? :)